“Paladin” - PBR Game Character Model

Hi guys, just wanted to share my latest game character model :slight_smile:
I have made the HP sculpt inside Zbrush, texturing inside Substance Painter, clothes in Marvelous Designer and rendering in Marmoset Toolbag.

The majority of work I`ve made in Blender 2.8 - research and concept, LP modeling, retopology, rigging, skinning, poseing, final mesh adjustments, some texture baking - it really is a workhorse :slight_smile:
Hope you like it, C&C are really appreciated.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xzK0W1

28 Likes

Reminds me of Steampunk, Deus Ex, The Witcher and Warhammer 40k. All at the same time. Great work.

The only thing you could fix is the skin shader on the head as it is overexposed.

Thank you :slight_smile: Yeah i will try to adjust the exposure, I`ve checket the final image on a couple of monitors and on some of them it looks ok, but it would be best that on more monitors everything looks properly :slight_smile:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

That`s awesome :slight_smile: Thank you, and also have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

Gorgeous with a little Dishonored vibe to it!

Amazing! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never played Dishonored but i`ve seen a couple of gameplayes and trailers, maybe it’s a subconscious thing :slight_smile:

In today world after all the creativity deployed from the past 100 years it’s pretty hard to not be compared or to have a little something similar to existing artwork! But none the less this is AAA stuff and you should be proud of it!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Great work, congrats.

1 Like

From the waist up, it’s not bad at all.

Below the waist, it’s sort of a jumble of shapes that don’t read well. What I mean is you could point almost anywhere below that waist and not know what you’re looking at. That area could use some rework, with a less-is-more mindset. Less high frequency noise and maybe clearer colors would go a long way to fix this.

Also I can think of no reason why there’s a shoebox sitting on a rolled up rubber doormat behind him. That’s just weird.

Thank for the feedback, i appreciate that :slight_smile: The box is for his equipment, it may not make much sense from this screen alone, but from the rest of the screens on my artstation it can make more sense. But it`s a good point to make everything as clear as possible for the main screen

1 Like