Panning function?

SHIFT + MMB does this in blender as most of us know. Then to pan the view, all one must do is just move the mouse. It’s a very intuitive function, and a very usefull one to have when moving in 3D space.

The bottom line is: I want to have that great functionality in the BGE. I’m thinking about making a sandbox sort of thing, and in that reaspect blenders main movement features (like panning, zooming, and rotation) seem to be a must.

I’m wondering: Is there a way to somehow “import” (for the lack of a better word) the mouse and movement features that are used in blender, or do I have to write specific camera scripts using GameLogic to emulate the same features (which seems quite reduntant given that they already exist)?

you have to code it yourself.

I think scabootssca had controls similar to this in his BPContest 2K7 entry. You can download his blend here. WASD keys pan left and right and zoom.

Check out the walk.py script. The code is way over my head but I think this will get you the results you want.

How do you delete posts?

You can’t?

But when I put my mouse over the edit button the tooltip says “Edit/Delete Message”.

That’s just weird XD

Yea. I figured as much.

Heh, no, that’s not it. I’m talking about importing blenders native functions and using them in-game to move through 3D space.

Crunchy & James>

To my knowledge you can’t delete posts. I think only Admins/Mods can do that.

I think that you pretty much just have to code it yourself. It shouldn’t be that hard or time consuming though, especially considering other stuff you’ve done. coughfpswalkthroughcough
ahem, sorry, I have a cold…

Lol, yea I know. I was just curious if it could be done by simply using what blender already used by default.

It’s good to know the shortcuts, even if you don’t really need to use them. :wink:

Since blender is put together in C++? and your only resource for the GE is python, I dont believe you can import it. Ya know.