Panzer 1 WIP

Some renders… model have 200000 poligons…

Wire render

This is truely amazing! I am still new to blender, so I would like to ask what kind of modifirer you are using to create such a hard edge feel.
For example, I can see that the longer flat parts of your model isn’t made up with just a one face but tons of small faces with some knid of smooth modifier laying over it, creating a hard edge feel…

is it just a multi-res or subsurface mod?

Wel great job! I cant wait to see the finished product :yes:

Great job.
I’m kinda confused at what I’m looking at.
Are there multiple objects like the wheels, turret, and body?
I hope you don’t take the easy way out like most people do. Take your time and layer some textures on it. Also, I would be very interested if you’re able to get the suspension to work. There are a few tutorials out there, but they’re old and are hard to follow.

@Animelovers411
I’m guessing he’s using the smooth shading option.
Also, it would seem that the turret wheels and body are separate objects. I think the picture is a special render and not a capture of the viewport in edit mode.
The body doesn’t seem to have a subsurf modifier on it, but the turret and wheels seem to have one. I believe he uses edgeloops to make edges on those objects harder. Fyi, The closer an edgeloop is to the corner, the harder the corner.

Thank you. I use subsurface and edge split modifier… and macktruck has the partially right (The body doesn’t seem to have a subsurf modifier on it, but the turret and wheels seem to have one. I believe he uses edgeloops to make edges on those objects harder. Fyi, The closer an edgeloop is to the corner, the harder the corner).

@macktruck6666
first… sorry for my english.
Yes they are multiple object(reason is normal maps baking etc,etc). I will put some textures on model definitely and try to animate suspension… I find some tutorials… but you are right they are old… and for 2.4 version.

I really dislike the edge split modifier. It makes duplicate vertices when it is applied and makes a mess of everything. I believe edgesplit was from before blender had edge creases. Edge split does have the benefit of making smooth low polygon meshes, but I don’t think it’s worth the mess it makes.

Yes he can be mess if you apply him… but this model is not game model so edge split are acceptable but even in this case i use mark sharps from W menu (in edit mod) so only some parts of my mesh are affect with edge split modif.