Parented objects organisation

When I parent objects to each other, in the outliner they will collapse into 1 item, but when I try to move it to another collection, it only moves the parent and none of the children. Is there a way to make it transfer the whole thing at once, because I have objects that have several objects parented to it and I don’t want to have to sift through hundreds of objects to find all the children that I parented to the 1 object I moved.

You’re right, that is a bit confusing. I never really got the hang of it myself, collections, view layers and how parenting is displayed in the outliner is different to the packages I was used to previously.

Anyhow, you can right click a parent object in the outliner and select the hierarchy, same with collections, and move the whole lot at once. Not sure if that helps.

That’s an affirmative and a negatory at the same time. I now know how to move parented groups but apparently its bugged or doesn’t work because it still only moves the parent and none of the children.

I may have misunderstood you, I thought you mean doing this -

collections