Part of My texture went inside out!

I am BRAND new to blender… so far I’ve done two models, an M4, and a Sniper Rifle (can’t think of the name off the top of my head)… Anyways… The first one went fine but my second one has a very strange issue…

The texture on the Top part of it, is all inverted… as in the insides of the faces are being textured…

Did i do something terribly wrong here?
Here’s a Picture: http://barkergaming.com/images/texture.png

Looks like the Normals of the scope part of your mesh are pointing inward . . . in Edit mode, select all faces (A key) and flip the normals outside (Ctrl+N).

LAST EDIT!

I decided to delete the Texture link thingy, and just remap the object. thankfully that was fast… and it worked GREAT

I still had to fix some normals, but they all worked… and nothing broke…

I’d love a little feedback on it, still need to fix the texture a LITTLE bit…

http://barkergaming.com/images/sniper_finished.png

thanks!
mike

It looks good but I don’t understand the textures on the eye piece (perhaps it would look better with cross hairs?) and what is on the inside of the trigger guard? Also, where is the bolt?

Hah, I’m Slooowly adding all of those things to it, The eye piece was just where i didn’t quite get around to mapping out properly, and inside of the trigger should be resolved as well.

The image I used didn’t have a bolt on the rifle, my source image didn’t even have a bolt on it… so I’m not quite sure what’s up with that…

I fixed it up a little bit but it looks like I didn’t add the updated version…

Now I see, photo was taken from the left side, you can see the safety on the side of the carrier. Charging handle is on the other side. Too bad you don’t have that image. My buddy Waldo has a Remington 700BDL with polymer stock and helical bolt. Recoil is nice-n-stout even with his gel recoil pad. It’s a beautiful machine. I haven’t seen a woman yet who wants any part of that monster once they see it in action.

The scope blacked and bloodied his eye the first shot it.

Haha!

Yeah, the model is going to be used for an fps project, and I’ll probably at least be changing that texture before I put it ingame…

Thanks for all of the help!

Thank you Cire, its work! :slight_smile: