Particals

Ok…idk if this wold be the place…but when i render particals it takes FOREVER!!!(really long time) to render any amount above 1000…why?they would render faster then really long time…Up to like 20,000-40,000 particals.

mine does the same

Thats because teh old particle system sucks. The new one is a bit better(so Ive heard), but good particle systems in general take a while to render.

The worst part has always been that Blender’s particles arent good at all. Long waits and horrible results arent any fun.

cher free-ality. I can’t wait for the new particle system.

Yeah maybe I’ll start putting hair particles on my creatures then…

is the particles system on blender 2.45???or what is it on?

The old one is in any of the previous versions. The NEW and IMPROVED one is in the svn builds, and will be in 2.5 as far as I know…

Grab an SVN build on http://www.graphicall.org , theyve got all kinds of cool goodies now.

Mostly the new system is really great for hair, but Ive seen some [email protected]$$ fire sim around here, and it was photoreal, I swear…

I heard there may be a 2.46 before 2.50 comes out due to how long it will take to get it done. It should have all the Peach enhancements and the particle system.

Oh yeah? Thast exciting, cause theyve been very vague about a 2.5 release date…

Thanks for the heads up, wehre’d you hear that?

Sunday meeting agenda, should be a more recent one.

I gotta check those out more often…