Particle fluid issue with small "domain"

Hi!

In the enclosed .blend file I have modelled a glass bowl with a tealight candle in it. The bowl is also filled up with coffee beans (my wife’s decoration :D). I used a particle fluid system to fill up the glass bowl which worked quite well.

Problem:
The glass bowl is in fact very large in this scene (almost 3 meters i diameter) but I would like to bring it into a scene that I made of our bathroom. Since I made the bathroom using the actual metric scales I need of course to scale down the enclosed object to it’s actual sice which is about 11cm in diameter.

When I do so - the fluid simulation does not work well anymore. The objects are thrown rapidly away from the emitter. I tried to change so many parameters. This includes not scaling the object itself but the settings under “physics” and “Render”

Does anyone know which parameter I am missing or does particle fluids not work well in small scale? I think I have read elsewhere that it is bad practise not to use actual scales for other reasons, e.g. when trying to avoid noise during rendering in cycles etc.

Alternatively - is there a possibility to convert the particles into a mesh before scaling :confused:

As alway - thanks for your support!

LSM
FluidSim.blend (732 KB)

Alternatively - is there a possibility to convert the particles into a mesh before scaling

An easy way to handle to this kind of situation is to select all participants in the sim and press CTRL-G to add them to a group (their outlines turn green). Then press the M-KEY while your mouse is in the 3D viewport and move them to an unused layer. Now press SHIFT-A and add a Group Instance to the scene. This will create an Empty in Dupligroup mode that contains all the objects from the group you created with CTRL-G. Now you can scale the Empty and all sim objects remain intact. This works for characters and rigs too!

Alternatively - is there a possibility to convert the particles into a mesh before scaling
Shift+Ctrl+A makes the particles into separate real objects

Attachments

Wow - two amazing solutions! I will officially refer to you guys as wizards.

Thanks a million times!
LSM