Particle Forming Shape

Hello everyone, I’m trying to do some effect similar to the way rockman’s gun firing. To be more detailed, I want to make a particle system that looks like it is absorbed into the emitter. Is there anyway to do this without rendering backward??

Not knowing who rockman is and even less about the gun he’s firing, I’d just shoot from the hip and suggest to use force fields. (Negative value on the force value and with maybe a maximum distance appropriate for your scene).

Yar, make a sphere, do emit on faces, change Normal emission value to negative value, this will make particles at the edge of sphere that head to center, time it right, and they disappear at center, or you can use forces,

sorry to have not been specific, what I want to do is that I want to break down some object into particle and then the particles forming a new object different from the first. I hope that’s clear enough.

What you are looking for is keyed particles…
Here’s a little tutorial on it that I found…

I’d personally go for the setting the particles to volume instead of faces (or maybe having both) and maybe stack them on top of each other parented to an empty that you later can animate from on place to another…