Particle rendering.

Hello everyone!

I am rendering an animation where I’m using random floating particles. The problem is, the scene is complex, and takes for ever (20 min) to render each frame, and when the animation is about 3-4 min, it will just take far too long to render it. And I’m thinking my computer will crash before its complete anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

Normally this would not be a problem, since I always render .PNG, and can pause and resume the render as I like, but when I render particles, I get different results each time! Also rendering the animation on two different computers is out of the question because of this.

So my question is. Can you some how “record” the animation of the particles, to ensure u get the EXACT same animation every time, so that I can use multiple computers to render? I have searched the Internett for some time now, but have not found any solution. :frowning:

ANY help will truly be appreciated!
Thank you :slight_smile:

Bake the particles to cache http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Physics/Particles/Cache_And_Bake

Ahh, so it IS that function. I have tried that one earlier, but still the animations did not match. I must have done something wrong then. Will try it again :slight_smile: Thank you so much for replying so quickly :slight_smile: