Particle System Dynamics v0.36

Particle System Dynamics is basicly a system based on partcles with adjustible features, for the realtime engine. The main purpose of this is to create particles that are easier to control.

Particle System Dynamics
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/xXSutabiXx/scripts/PSD/smoke.jpg

You can download it here

Current Features:

color
randomization (its in the far right hand side)
wind (on x,y,z axis)
gravity (only z axis)
mass

todo:

-fix color morphing
-improve color flexablility (able to use more then just 1 color, and also have an options to base color morphin on time rathern then only position)
-clean up code
-add size option (for scaleable animations)
-write a tutorial

Features to come:

Presets Defaults:
-swirl
-spray
-stream
-shockwave
Preset Textures:
-fire
-water

and please make any suggestions you think should be added to the particle engine[/img]

I haven’t downloaded it yet, but do you have a way to have two systems interact with the same particles? Not only like layered textures, but perhaps have certain effects come into play at different times in the animation (So IPO-stupid people like me can deal with complex effects :expressionless: )

Merc do you mean like red particles and yellow particles coming togeter to make fire?

btw I’ve gotten gravity and wind to work as well as circular motion and wave motions to work with the particles. I’ve go to fix the positioning of the particles becuase they end up emitting from 0,0,0 although I can easliy fix that… i’ll probably release what I have tommarrow…

WOW :o are you sure that you didnt use “magic” in that .blend, because that looks amazing!

hm… thanks ^^ I am currently cleaning up the code right now but I’ve got the wind and gravity in for download so just redownload it ^^

btw:
grav = gravity
tgrav = time it takes to apply gravity
windx,y,z = wind effector

you can play with it if you want…

Not to repeat a previous topic like mine, but specifically I mean applying differnt vectors to particles at various given times. In the example that I posted before (using a lattice worked, but I think there are better ways) allowing the particles to move straight up, then spread out after they reach a certain point. Or perhaps using blue particles at the base of a fire, then, at a certain height, having them change to (or be replaced by) red. Just a thought. I know that if I had the skills, I would make MANY improvements on Blender’s basic particles. I love what you’ve done so far. Allow me to ask if this is compatable with Blender 2.25. I’ve not bothered d/l 2.27 yet because of the lack of a physics engine. Thank you for the time you’ve put in on what seems to be a great project…

Dumb1 here. I just downloaded it, but I am confused. It’s just that…well, I’m really confused. I’ve no idea where to start, or what I can screw with. I don’t know much about…ahhhh, whatever you’ve done, so I am pretty much dumbfounded. :expressionless:

Heay sutabi, I downloaded the particles system, and give it a quick run in blender, but it’s awesome, good work. Keep scripting dude, I really love this, thanks. At this moment, I’m a bit playing with it, and I look forwards to all your next updates :smiley: thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you…
I’ll be adding some more varibles script then

allowing the particles to move straight up, then spread out after they reach a certain point.

I’ll add:
-Rand = Strenth of randomization
-TRand = time randomization starts

Or perhaps using blue particles at the base of a fire, then, at a certain height, having them change to (or be replaced by) red

-Color1 = start color
-Color2 - end color
-Colorx,y,z = at what point the color changes
-tColor = how fast the color changes when colorx,y,z is true
this will include a transition (rather then an solid change of color)

Allow me to ask if this is compatable with Blender 2.25

I have created this script in blender 2.25, but you need python installed and its directory visable to blender (look in python and plugins(fourm) for how to set your python path)

Dumb1 here. I just downloaded it, but I am confused. It’s just that…well, I’m really confused. I’ve no idea where to start, or what I can screw with. I don’t know much about…ahhhh, whatever you’ve done, so I am pretty much dumbfounded.

Ahhh I knew I’d have to make an How to… i’ll do that when I get more reatures in there

All in all i’ve created this script to not use dynamic particles (not using it collisions and physics) by the game engine, in hope you can not only get better emmisions of particles(more speed) but more control and effect. Also the point of this is so you dont need to know any python to use this, all the controls will be defininded by the varibles within the gamelogics of the particles

I’ve Just got my first preset!!! smoke

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/xXSutabiXx/scripts/PSD/smoke.jpg

I’ve trand and rand to spread particles more… but when i finish the color functions ill release it…

hanzo made some cool smoke effect a while ago, maybe he could show his…

Hey this practicle system goes too fast on my computer
http://www.zone.ee/xintest/toofast.jpg
[>] COPY AND PASTE URL [!]

hm… ok thanks! ill add a speed control for how fequently you want the particles to update

Cool, some screenshots of the particles system. This particles system for the game engine, show almost the same as the normal particles system in blender. I hope if you’re finished with the totally particles system, they can integrate it into blender’s game engine 8)

Off topic? yes…but i have to ask Sutabi…is your icon from Arc the Lad, I have found this pic of a char from the game and i swear its the one you have as an icon here… http://www.the-magicbox.com/Mar03/arc31.jpg

Yes really great work!! Thanks dude! :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m looking forward to all updates… :wink:

Hm… i am looking in the source least have been and found several things (theres already a particle engine in there, but it runs on solid)

Some of the things i’ve notice is my particle script is slower and the library in blender Moto (for math) i am guessing is supose to be faster. Also I can probably work off the particle script already in the game engine and either wait for Solid to be QPL or just replace the calculations with my own (which are fairly horrible anyways)

Then theres always the problem with accessing it in blender, I could either edit buttons.c to add the paritcle controls somewhere in blender for gui, or give python access (neither are fun or easy)

what?! a particle system in the game engine!!! man, ive been waiting for this one for a long time, thanks! :smiley:

TUDBZD69 over and out! [>] [>] [>]

:smiley: Yeah, who’s the man?? Sutabi [!]

The effect you made is really cool. but how would I access Blenders particle engine. I have know idea.