Particle system of parent object with children

Hey,

I am modelling lipid vesicles. I have a model of a lipid vesicle exisiting out of a parent object(icosphere) with individual lipid as a child. The lipid is instanced on the vert of the parent object such that a vesicle is created. I would like to use this in a particle system, but when I do this only the parent object is displayed and not the individual lipids. I also tried a particle system with a collection but that didn’t work either. I their a way to create particles whith child objects?
Does somebody here now how I could solve this?

Kind regards,
Jorik

Hey, I think you have to make the ‘DupliVerts’ (lidids) ‘REAL’, select the icosphere and search for ‘MakeDuplicates Real’.

Hey,

When I do this an object is created from every individual instances. Since I have hundreds of instance my computer gets in trouble. Is there a way to just create 1 object?

Kind regards,
Jorik

Oh-Ya, that could be a problem, Sure you can use any mesh object, In 2.7x versions you add a ‘Particle Instance Modifier’ to the icosphere > and add a ‘Particle System’ to the ‘Emitter’ object (what ever) > choose object (icosphere) for the ‘Emitter Object’ and that should be it, if your using 2.8x, I hope its close to the same set-up.