Particle Vortex

I was just messing around with particle fields and I made a cool looking color vortex. I thought it was kind of interesting. This is not a serious project, just something that turned out kind of neat.

See?! It’s not a sphere render! It’s a particle emitting sphere with a vortex cube! :stuck_out_tongue:

Attachments

This is not a serious project, just something that turned out kind of neat.

then it shouldnt be in here. at all. it’s not a reflective sphere, but just as bad. seriously, if finished projects was for the results of random screwing around, i’ve got half a gig of pictures for you.

you are a very rude person. I think its nice and im pretty sure thats as far as hes willing to go on that. its finished

I kinda agree. Recently, the rules have gotten stricter, and this forum is now for finished projects, rather than test, and fairly simple renders.

Although, maybe you could use this method for a real picture?

if ltr junkie were a complete noob, then I’d problably jut disregard this thread as i do most reflective sphere/test threads. however, I’ve seen him do far better.

https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63308&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

and that in the wip section. i dont mean to come across as rude, i mean to make a point.

wow that lightsaber is awsome. :o

There needs to be another forum where you can attach pics that show what you can do with simple concepts like this and not get flamed… I guess from now on for stuff like this I’ll have to use imageshack and post in off topic board.

[Edit]

Exactly. It’s just to give people ideas of what they can do with different features.

Exactly. It’s just to give people ideas of what they can do with different features.[/quote]

Write a tutorial then :smiley:

Hmm, maybe I will a little later. Until then, an example of what you can do with some slight modifications to the file. vortex.avi 7.88 MB

I like your particle-emitting sphere. It reminds of something from a horror movie, like the Ring. I don’t know why.

I agree we need some forum for just cool stuff(if we don’t have one already) so you can just say, “Hey, look what I did on accident.”

I probably would have posted this in the WIP section as part of a bigger project. But I have no problem with you posting it hit. But then again I really don’t have any authority at elysiun.

Now that you mention it, it does kind of look like an eye or something. I discovered it looks weird from the side, too.

Attachments

That looks like an X-ray diffraction pattern.