particles thru lattice?

Hi!
I don’t remember how to influence particle-motion by lattices. Want to make some red balls (blood) move thru a curvy channel (vain). Just making the lattice the emitter’s parent won’t work. Particles don’t care about the lattice. How come?

hoping: ulli :-?

Works fine if the emitter is inside the lattice somewhere.

Dang it! I remember a great tutorial with fish flocking together… But I can’t find it. Does anyone remember where it is? Was it in one of the tutorial books? Or???

If anyone knows what I’m talking about, and where it is, please let us know, it’s been so long, I just can’t remember…

fish, I know it had fish… yes fish…hummmmm time for bed…

Ingie: that tut was in The Blender Book

Like Iceman said, the particle emitter mesh has to be completely inside the lattice for it to work.

Martin

Some things to check:

1)Don’t change the shape or size of the lattice until you have the particle emitter parented to it. Transformations will only be applied relative to the state of the lattice after the parenting (make any sence?)

2)After you resize it, hit “RecalcAll” in the Animation buttons (F7) while the emitter object is selected.

I was wondering when someone was goning to say that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Theeth, page 182, found it.

I thought it was there, but I remembered color, and couldn’t find it when flipping through, LOL