Partnering Up With Blender Designer/Modeller For iOS AR Game

Hi everyone, it’s great to connect with you all! I am looking for someone to partner up with, 3D character designer/modeller to improve my iOS game. Unfortunately, I don’t have the funds to hire people and the game was done in my spare time, but I can offer shares from the potential sales. The game is free to try and has in-app purchase option. It is live on the AppStore now and I would like to make better, more attractive 3D characters to improve the user experience in the next version and perhaps offer additional purchase content (TBD).

Does it sound interesting? Thank you for your considerations
A.

could you pass on more information?can you pass the download link, and are you interested in going to android or just staying on ios?

Hi David, thank you for your interest. You can download the game from the App Store. I am planning to go cross-platform to Android, but not now. I am a self-taught iOS developer, but I don’t have the capacity to develop for Android. This will be next phase once it will start generating revenue…

The work required will be to improve the animal characters for something better and more appealing. So designer skills will be crucial for this gig. Let me please know your thoughts

RGDS
A.

hi, I checked the app if you want I can take a look at the models

Hey, I made two bees, I hope you like it.

You can download them here:

Hi David, many thanks for the sample of your work! It looks great and better in what I have already. I think it would be also good to connect with a graphic designer that would give us a direction. The idea is to make the characters way better than they are but keeping the basic rules of the app’s meaning. I haven’t shared the specs yet, but the basic baseline is:

• Targetting children and entertaining adults
  • MInimalistic - resembling the shapes of balloon
  • Small features/extrudes to define the animal
  • Funny-cute looking
  • Having string to some kinda anchor resting on the floor

All the animals in the game were kindly donated by Susanne M. and I only had to convert them using Blender to the desired file for iOS. These animals are great and allowed me to launch the app, but I’ve seen them in another game as well and I’d like to go with something else.

Maybe best if we connect via email to share more information and form the strategy?

Hi do you have a discord? it is easier to communicate there.

If necessary my email is: [email protected]

Do you have an animal or plant design in the style you want? if you have send it to me, it is difficult to do something when you have no references, so I made two versions of the bee.

Hi David, I am no having discord, don’t worry. I’ll drop you an email later today with more information. Apologies for the slow responses, busy with work, but I will have more time to focus on this over the weekend. I appreciate your time

Thank you
A.