happy bl

1 Like

just curious
dwg on the right ?

why do you need the segmentation areas?

thanks
happy bl

1 Like

Hello @dororo and @RickyBlender , thanks alot for your timely response. Sometimes I am not able to respond or attach files because the platform says I’m a New User haha!

I think now what is left is to split the surface and create the smaller faces. I have attached the full file.
https://pasteall.org/media/5/c/5cda62bd9b99ee16dee07a63a7a300ae.blend

got some weird things in Bl 3.2

all nodes are redish ?

how come ?
anything missing here ?

thanks
happy bl

Sorry about that. I am also using Blender 3.2 (stable).

But I also installed: GeomDL and SciPy

U r welcome~
I found this maybe the way to split the surface…

1 Like

FYI
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/meshes/editing/face/grid_fill.html

1 Like

yes, I had seen this before. But I want a clean face without any grid, and then I create my own parametric grid which I can split the face. Edges To Face 2D works perfectly.

Now I’m just working on splitting the surface with the Nurbs Curves.

oh, i see~
got a littel clumsy approach FYI

Step 1:bake the surface ,than get into Edit Mode - adjust manually(merge points if need) - Face - Grid Fill
Step 2:get finally small faces

1 Like

@dororo thanks alot for all the help, I will continue to play around with Sverchok Nodes and see how far I can go now.

1 Like

Congratulations.

So Glad for you accomplished the goal.

I’m still trying to learn the BLENDER API these days, wanna implement Grid Fill function by Bmesh.ops…

Meanwhile, I’m still curious about your full node map. Can you share it? It’s okay not to show it if it’s confidential.

1 Like

I’ve tried to add the pasteall link and it refused, I still haven’t achieved the goal, but I will get there eventually. If i get stuck again I will start a new topic.

I’ve also attached what I had done with Dynamo before. This is what I’m working towards.

1 Like

That’s cool~
Finally I realized that these split curves are roads~ :sweat_smile:

1 Like