Paths/cam paths learning difficulties

I am having difficulty learning paths. i am new.

I have managed to parent my camera to a path, but have had dificulty making the camera follow the path properly, pointing in the right direction, namely along the path. i also have difficulty in controling and changing the path length.

Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial that will leach me the correct procedure for campaths?

also any knowledge from someone who has done alot of work woth cam paths and can tell me what the camera and path controls mean would be nice too.

Bespoke

The system is kinda funny. For me. at least, when I try to adjust the position and rotation of the camera along the path, it almost works the opposite of how it should when you do it with the mouse. Press N to bring up the properties window and adjust the position and rotation from there.

My video tutorial on paths and dupliframes should help you. It can be tricky ie. parent or constraint, and paths with or without a speed curve.
The video tutorial explains most of this.

http://www.ibiblio.org/bvidtute/

GreyBeard

With v. 2.40 a that’s not a problem.
You assign the camera to the path and it follows the same direction.
Make sure your camera is on exactly the same position as the beginning of your curve tough.
P

Don’t know if this would work, but you could have your camera track to (point at) an empty and have the empty following the same path as the camera, just placed a little in front of it. (Or maybe offset, time-wise, from the camera - don’t know how this would be done, tho.) (Its always nice to have your cameras track to an empty as this allows you to control/animate where they’re looking at all times…)

had dificulty making the camera follow the path properly, pointing in the right direction, namely along the path.

Did you use the Track and Up coordinates in F7, Anim Settings tab?

difficulty in controling and changing the path length.

Curve Path doesn’t support it; use a Curve Bezier and Parent the object as “Follow Path”.

what the camera and path controls mean would be nice too.

Ask here.

%<