Paths

I have a ball that needs to follow a path around a circle. It needs to make a couple of circuits. Is there a way to do this without having to literally make the path go around the circle several times? Is it possible to make the object simply repeat the one circle path (with a smooth transition)? I’ve tried but it doesn’t seem to be working…
Thanks,

Hi, it is possible to do what you wish by using action. In this tutorial at blendercookie, he explain how to create a walkcycle action, how action works and how to accomplish the thing you want to achieve. Have a look at 14:30 and 27:00 in the video and I think you will find you answers there.

A simple way to do this is to create a custom speed IPO in 2.49 for the path. Then set that speed curve to cyclic. Then the you can just drag the end keyframe to adjust the timing and it will loop forever.

Thanks to both! That was a huge help!

If you want a ball to make complete and perfect circles and repeat, create an empty at the pivot point, parent the ball to the empty, keyframe the rot of the empty. Adjust the IPO curves to linear and cyclic extrapolation… And I think that is it, example 2.49b .blend attached.

Randy

Attachments

circle.blend (129 KB)

Interesting… I’ll have a go at that!