Paypal scam

Just received this.
Watch out for it.

Yeah, are they trying to get acces to your Paypal account?
I received this email as well on gmail, and instandly deleted it cause if it really was Paypal, they should mail with something like: paypal.com ro something. Anyways scam and spam in these days are not the scam and spam as we know from a few years ago, it’s like terrorisme on the internet.

Yeah, the thing is I don’t even HAVE a paypal account lol

An obvious scam, really. Never heard of an official message sent from a @hotmail.co.uk account.
Thanks for sharing new_neo!
But to anyone reading this, beware of whichever email/registering process/ etc. asking for personal data of any kind. Phising and Pharming are only to of the dangers on the net!
I once heard some spammer earn enough with their schemes to buy sport cars of half a million US dollars! I’d do that as well, if only I didn’t have my principles and I don’t really need that much money…

One clear clue is the “Dear Pay Pal Member.” When you set up a pay pal account, they ask for your name, and they address you by name in all legitimate correspondence. Same thing happens with EBay phishing. Sometimes you’ll see your e-mail address used instead. Neither is legit.

Doesn’t matter if you have a paypal, ebay, chase bank, union bank, mbna account or not – i’ve got none of these and have gotten phishing emails on all of them. Years ago, I got on some spammer’s mailing list and my email has been an item of commerce ever since.

I’d gladly pay a penny to send an email if those bastards paid me a penny for every one I received.

It’s the CHAVS new-neo, the CHAVS!!!

I got a similar e-mail for my e-bay account.

So all I did was went to their fake little sign in site, put in my e-mail / fake e-mail addresses and fake passwords, and spammed them with a few hundred fake result then reported it to their host.

forward your message to spoof <at} paypal dot com
Paypal emails always adress you by name, never with dear paypal customer.

I got the same thing, except it was just a text file.

Holy crap
Chavs can use computers now:eek: ???

I received this email as well on gmail, and instandly deleted it cause if it really was Paypal, they should mail with something like: paypal.com ro something.

The ‘from’ is ridiculously easy to forge, never ever rely on it. Don’t click on the links, go to the paypal site yourself, too.