pc glow

How can i make something glo from the inside? like the fans on alienware desktops…

could you be a bit more descriptive? I have no idea what fans you are reffering to, but there are different ways of getting glow depending on what you are using it for.

I guess it depends on what kind of glow you want.

For a simple glow you could fake it with a couple of colored halo’s and low range spot lamps. If you want light streaming out of a vent or something you could use a volumetric spotlight behind the vent. There’s also a glow and afterglow plugin but I’ve never used them so I don’t know how they work. There are probably lots of other ways, just depends on what you want. maybe you could show a pic of the effect you’re talking about?

You can also use an image editor such as Photoshop or Gimp to add a glow effect to your image. If you look around, you can find some good tutorials on making realistic glow effects.

-Laurifer

Radiosity, or you could make a glass tube and a smaller colored tube inside with a high emit value (material settings).

thanx these should help

How about “emit?” Make the object actually emit some light.

But as others have said, don’t overlook post-processing, whether you do it with an additional layer and the Sequence Editor, or a third-party tool like Gimp. All of these techniques are equally valid. Whatever it takes to get the effect you want is fair game, as long as you can reproduce the effect at will.

You’re under no obligation, so to speak, to have the finished image pop out of the Blender renderer “in finished form.” If what you’ve got is 90% of the way there and you can describe the improvement (such as a glow…) in terms of the two-dimensional image … do it!