Peace Lilies

Hi everyone, this is my first post, I just wanted to share my latest model, hope you like it

Based on http://www.zoepersico.com 's illustration

Modelled in Blender and painted in Affinity Photo

I’m also trying to animate this scene

43 Likes

Wooooow! Amazing style, I love it, the color mood is perfect!

2 Likes

Even while playing with the sketchfab, I had troubles believing it’s a 3d scene.
It’s very nice and has plenty of character!

2 Likes

Wow! Beautiful! Really love the style. :slightly_smiling_face:

-EDIT-
Hey, I saw you on Sketchfab! Took me a moment to remember where I saw your name and profile from! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The effect to make everything look hand-drawn is brilliant, one of the better NPR images I’ve seen achieved with Cycles.

It is even more impressive how the NPR is maintained in the sketchfab embed.

1 Like

Thank you all for the kind comments :blush:

1 Like

Beautiful and lovable! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

amazing work
this is so awesome !!!

1 Like

Very inspiring work!

1 Like

I #featured you. :+1:

1 Like

Epic work dude, Huge fan!
Is it easy to animate in this style?

1 Like

beatiful, the style reminds me of a cute kids story book

1 Like

This is so beautiful it hurts… :grinning:
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: the animations that I tried to make are pretty simple because I didn’t use any rig (I still don’t know how use that technique), I animated the birds using the rotation/location properties of every model, for the rain i used the Blender particles system without changing so much settings, in fact the rain is a bit too slow. I would say that it was easy to animate this, but just because the animation was really simple, I need to learn the “right” workflow to do something better

1 Like

Thank you, It’s kinda strange feeling to see one of my models in the first page of a website :blush:

1 Like

This is really inspiring, cool work!

This effect can be made in any renderer (like BI): the material is unlit (aka fullbright or shadeless), with a diffuse/albedo texture. There’s a specific setup to do it in Cycles.
The Sketchfab render seems to have bloom and grain added as a post-process as well.

3 Likes

It’s really cool, consistent with the concept. Can you explain a bit about the workflow? after you created the concept, did you model it in 3D and then project the concept texture texture into the model?

1 Like

My man awesome work good job,

1 Like

Stunning piece :slight_smile: Like the style, sort of old skool method

1 Like

The illustration isn’t mine, it was made by Zoe Persico, there is the link in the post, she allowed me to use it.
The textures are painted from scratch.
I would say that they key to create a good 3d/2d model is to keep the original image as background in the frontal orthogonal view trying to match your model with the image adding of course some depth, rotations, etc to create the 3d effect but without changibng too much the original shape.
The UVs of the texture was simply made projecting them from the front orthogonal view.
The texturing is the most difficult part, at least for me, because you have to reproduce the original paint style, trying to understand what kind of brushes was used, pick the right colors etc, it’s something like a reverse engineering of the illustration. It might sound bad, but you just have to copy the original illustration converting it to textures. I don’t really know how to explain it, because i think that it is just just as i said, the important is to paint like the author.
I hope that my answer will help you, it’s a bit difficult to explain my workflow even using my main language, explain this stuff in english is really hard.

2 Likes