Peanut Butter Cups

The best part of this project was finishing so I could eat my reference :slight_smile:

Not a big thing … but still very well made, keep it up :slight_smile:

well job - keep on gong

Hey Thanks!

After multiple attempts on several larger projects, I’m trying to scale my ambitions back so that I can go through the entire modelling/texturing/rendering process.

It’s been a great learning experience, and something I wish I had done sooner.

I think this came out very nicely. I think overall its a bit too dark, but perhaps it lost some brighness when it it was uploaded. The unwrapping is very nicely done. I hope I can get uv uwrapping down this well someday!

I agree, it is a little dark irishrose.

As to the UVs, many of the more experienced modelers here would probably cringe at my layout - then again any layout that works is OK.

A method I found that worked for this model was to hide the areas that were not important, such as the bottom of the model and the little inner creases. Once those areas were hidden, it made selecting the main areas of interest such as the top and side flaps of the wrapper much easier.

I created a UV seam around the perimeter of those areas to isolate them for unwrapping. This helped to create a fairly distortion free unwrap of the most import parts.

It also helps to create a vertex group of those areas so that you can easily select them

in the UV editor later for adjusting.

Attached is the UV layout, with the main areas selected via a vertex group.

I hope this helps a little.

Just remember, taking advice from an amateur is dangerous :slight_smile: