Penn Station - Finished

This is an image that I have worked on sporatically for the last six months or so. This is as far as I am going to take it at the present time, so I guess I will declare it finished. Let me know what you think, thanks.

1024x768 version(jpeg): http://www.parkminsterpreschool.com/images/pennstation1024x768.jpg
1024x768 version(png): http://www.parkminsterpreschool.com/images/pennstation-final.png

http://www.parkminsterpreschool.com/images/pennstation800x600.jpg

just…beautiful…

how long to render ?

Render time is a little over 1.5 hours on my Pentium 4 (1.4 GHz) computer at work. I have a Pentium II (400 MHz) at home and it takes all night (never timed it exactly).

woah!!! looks awesome :smiley:

Very nice, good work with the detail and modeling

A night-time version would be a great thing to see! I like this one, tho!

Awesome job…now that’s my WALLPAPER!

Mine too (it really is)!

Very impressive work!!! :o

oh… my…
:o
:expressionless:
[!]

Yep, new wallpaper here too. NICE work. :o

:o Excellent! I, too, would like to see a night-time render of this. Please?! :smiley:

-Raseri

Agree with Raseri.

Very nice picture, has a good mood! I like how the few small people bring out the vast emptiness of the station. Was it rendered with Yafray?

The only small crit would be the sky. It looks unreal and fake. You would be better off using a high-res photo, rather than the built-in cloud texture (I’m assuming that’s what you used).

Zsolt

That’s a beautiful work.

The cloud texture looks good to me - I think a too detailed texture would change the mood. I like this ‘not too much’-level of realism, it makes your picture an artistic visualisation.

Thanks for all the nice comments and feedback.

Zsolt: This was rendered in Blender, but I would like to try and render it in Yafray sometime.

A few people asked for a nighttime version of this and I will give it a try this weekend if I have time. If not, I will try to get to it next week.

Beautiful work, but it’ll take forever to render in Yafray.

I suggest if you don’t finish textures on this one that you make
it entirely in black & white - maybe dab on some “slight” glow
and it’ll look amazing

:o :o

Wow.

Nice work there. :smiley:

What would look better than a night-time version is a sunrise scene. Like in Pearl Harbour (I think thats the one). When Affleck catches the train at the beginning. At the train station there is “golden” sunlight streaming through the windows. That would look really cool. :slight_smile:

redbyte: I am currently working on a night time version of the scene and hopefully it will be done this week.

I’ve seen Pearl Harbor, but I don’t remember that scene, please tell me I don’t have to watch it again! :slight_smile:

I’ve wanted to do some streaming sunbeams through the windows, but I’m not sure the best way to do that, anyone have any thoughts? Would volumetric spotlights work? I haven’t messed with Mist very much, but I’m guessing that wouldn’t give the effect I’m looking for.

Hey! Pearl Harbour is an awesome movie. :stuck_out_tongue:

Its the scene from the beginning. Where that Liv Tyler chick was told not to see him off. But she does anyway.

When Affleck is standing in the lobby. Thats what your picture reminded me off. So thats why I’d love to see a sunrise version.

But now that I think of it. A night time version would look awesome too. :smiley:

Look forward to seeing it. :wink: