Perfect Specimen [WIP] - GAMEPLAY VIDEO!

It’s been a while between updates, but progress has been made! We are working on a number of different projects so it has been rather slow as of late but we will continue working on this until it is finished :slight_smile: We are hoping for an Alpha release in February or March, however, we can’t promise anything.

Here is the latest video showing off some Pre-Alpha/Alpha gameplay with some of the latest features added!

Further optimising level creation with automatic “presets” for walls and floors (basically depending on the size you try to make your floor or wall a certain size (say 10x10 floor), instead of making 100 individual cubes to make up this floor (ridiculous!) it uses the preset single object of equivalent size instead!

Initial testing with individual cubes allowed about 5000 before the game became unstable/unplayable, using this optimisation it is well upwards of (the equivalent of) 20,000 (Entirely too many) at 60FPS?! It’s well over 4x as many and I haven’t properly stress-tested it yet. So, yeah. Little update!

It becomes. It starts to look interesting: I love Gravity Shifting, and it seems to function pretty well. And the Optimisations sound very good.

hey if you guys need any help making levels or anything i would love to help im currently working on project SWAP witch is much like your game. So i have learned a thing or two about designing puzzling levels.