Pet genetic tree, painted with grease pencil, 100% made with Blender

I’m so excited to share this!

I’ve been making my digital art with grease pencil for a few months now, and this is my time mixing that with Blender’s text function… and the result is everything I could have asked for. I was able to import my fancy fonts no problem. Give the letters a nice brown material colour. For the outline, I duplicated the text object collection, and gave this second set of fonts a holdout material and a bevel, resulting in an outline that hides my grease pencil strokes but lets the paper texture show through :smiley:

I was expecting to have to render the different elements separately and compile them in a different software, but nope, this is 1 render and I’m so pleased with the result.

I’ll be making a series on my channel about using blender and grease pencil as a painting program - and my first video, all about keyboard shortcuts and interface modifications, is out now!

I’ve also just opened new slots for holiday pet commissions!

41 Likes

Beautiful! Grease pencil is one of the most underrated parts of blender. I’d like to try it myself some day, but I’m so focused on nodes right now.

1 Like

Thank you! I really think and hope more 2D artists will flock to it :slight_smile: also I always say I want to learn geometry nodes but I’m so focused on grease pencil, ahah

1 Like

Amazing artwork!!

1 Like

Hey thanks Ryan :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Bart :smiley:

1 Like

Great!! Very high quality draws and good knowledge of animals anatomy.

1 Like

Amazing drawing Sophie!

1 Like

Hey thanks! I’m a big fan of studying animal anatomy so I’m glad it shows :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!