Pete: human in progress!!! Now with clothes!!

Hello to all, I’m working on a new character: Pete. Here he is in all his glory.:wink:
Renders:
[ATTACH]46200[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]46201[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]46202[/ATTACH]
wireframes:
[ATTACH]46203[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]46204[/ATTACH]
C&C welcome.

Looks good! The topology looks spot on, except for the ears, which will help if you animate him! The only thing I would say is to make the ears again and maybe tweak the nose a bit. It kind of looks like a pigs nose :D. And you should probably move the eyes a little closer and move them back into the head a bit defining the eyebrow bones a bit more. Good luck!

Looks ok but…why is his head shaped so oddly ?

My bad head modeling skills is why his head’s shaped like that. Play with it tomorrow afternoon. Redo ears, smooth out nose, fix ears, play with head shape. All on the to-do list tomorrow. I must go home now!

hey in the script menu by the image editor and ipo etc you can find a script in mesh that can lower the amount of polygons again!

check my head out too okay its in wip somewhere on the 1st page.

Hello I’ve reworked the nose and redefined the eye brows. Does anyone know how to make good ears? I have both the Essential Blender and Introducing Character Animation books, but neither are any good for this. Help! Anyone!
[ATTACH]46260[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]46261[/ATTACH]

Hello this is my honest attempt at ears. If they are no good, can someone give me a written tutorial on ears (I can’t follow videos, they move too fast).
[ATTACH]46300[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]46301[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]46302[/ATTACH]

With the ears, have a look at your own ears. The part where the ear attaches to the head is in line with the outer point of your eye. The ears you have there need to be lowered a bit. Ears are pretty hard to get right, but with a little modification and alot of planning, you can usually sus them out to a satisfactory degree. I don’t know of any really good ear tutorials off the top of my head, but I know they are out there. Remember, often when looking for tutorials, you don’t necessarily need a blender tutorial, as long as you know how to translate their controls into blender you should be fine, and lots of the concepts they use are definitely applicable in blender.

Keep blending!

I moved the ears down a bit and made them closer in size. Thanks to all.
[ATTACH]46364[/ATTACH]

I modeled a very simple body for him. C&C welcome. When his body is decent, I will model clothes.

I have managed to get some sculpting done to make his body more realistic. Any comments? If not, I’ll start on clothing for him.

Obviously, I can show you my work on his clothes. Not to worry, they are supposed to look ratty. And I added some basic materials, but just so I can tell the difference between him and the clothes when working.

Hello all, I have had to redo the entire head. Pete looks a little older now! I am now going to work on his ears, hopefully they turn out better this time. C&C welcome.

Try moving his nose and mouth up a tad. Also, the top of his head looks a bit too pointy. Aside from that, the head looks fine. As for the body… I’m worried that the topology might give you trouble later on. I recommend using the latest version of the MakeHuman model as a reference.

Legs normally meet together in a upside-down V more than an upside-down U. But, I gotta say that I like it so far. I’m still too chicken to try to model a person. I tried to make a flower today and horribly failed at THAT…

Thanks for the suggestion, I cant see these things when I’m working.

Well, at first, I was chicken. I only did a stupid block person something like eight months ago. But, I had to make him for a project I’ve got going. A person in this situation is the only answer.
Here is my latest render. I adjusted the head (hope I understood you, Krisnack). I worked on texturing yesterday and I made a UV texture for his head. This is my first time really working with UV unwrapping, so tell me if something is off. Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion, I cant see these things when I’m working.

Well, at first, I was chicken. I only did a stupid block person something like eight months ago. But, I had to make him for a project I’ve got going. A person in this situation is the only answer.
Here is my latest render. I adjusted the head (hope I understood you, Krisnack). I worked on texturing yesterday and I made a UV texture for his head. This is my first time really working with UV unwrapping, so tell me if something is off. Thanks.

if you are still struggeling with the ear, have a look at this tutorial:

http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tutorials/misc/earsmodeling/index.html

good luck!

if you call this-human- then I who am I??? Model of head is modeled -excuse me very bad!!! I dont like his ears! Eyes are too wide! Nose is like after bombing and the place on what does his head stands of is what? mmm? Read more tutorials and practice more! :slight_smile: try to model better and not faster! Critique yourself pay attention on ALL details of model and then show it us- and then we will help u to continue!
My advise-make new model! From sratch!!! :slight_smile:
best wishes…