Peugeot GOart

Here is the WIP for my Peugeot Design Contest Entry (first post, first project, firts car)
I decided to make this contest my motivation for learning Blender, found it a good idea to have a goal and a deadline…
This is my first Blender project, and first 3D project to be finished, as I have tried Lightwave long time ago, but that was just some basic modelling fun, however I was familiar with 3D basic thanks to that
The car is not finished yet, still a lot to do… I will try to post some decent renders as they come
I’m also posting the very first sketch (a photo of a pencil sketch) which I used to make blueprints and then to 3D, you can also judge the car’s size and proportions by comparing it to lotus elise/exige
I’m trying to make my concept as “technical correct” as I can, so everything is suspossed to fit, and the moving parts are supossed not to collide with each other
As the name suggests it’s a lightweight, midengined roadster, focused on a driving pleasure.
Any c&c very welcome, and questions as well… any of them will help to prepare a description required for the contest

Attachments

Nice job, keep going. Very interesting concept.

Nice work,the concept is really cool

What an amazing car.

good to know I’m not the only one who likes it :wink:
and a small update
first test of lighting setup… much to much light but you can see the car quite well on it from a new angle
and two other images, a merchandising logo and a model name to be used on the car

Attachments

wheel shot
the side texture I used you can find at cg-cars.com, it’s free for download in the car textures repository

Attachments

rear end almost done, except for the lights
and the door handle

Attachments

really awesome car. Love the Design!

Agreed, nice design. you make that boxy rear look good! Love those wheels too.
NIce work man
Drew

stylish design i wanted to enter i did not get any idea that i like good luck make sure u write something good about the design and send me that X BOX 360 if u win and the money too and anything else u win

thx for the feedback,
3 days left: one for modelling, one for rendering and one for putting everything together with description
and if I win… maybe I’ll be so happy that I won’t mind sending you everything so what’s your address solartic? :wink:

update: seats

Attachments

3 new test renders
the first one shows the idea of the rear lights, the second shows almost finished rear end and the third one shows the headlapms
still working on the lapms material, I want to achieve a frosted glass effect

Attachments

here are my submission images for the PDC
not the best renders in the world but for the next contest I’m gonna make better ones :wink:
probably I will contiune to work over this project later on, just for fun

Attachments