Phoenix Smith's Sketch Book

That is some nice use for the skin modifier - if you can sort out the texture space well enough, you can get some really nice effects in there with dirty vertex paint and stencils :smiley:

Thanks! It is really nice actually compared to what I thought it would be. I am hoping to add some hard-surface sculpting or modeling then texture it, but we will see. :eyebrowlift2:

Gauge looks really cool! I think the second one isn’t too bright at all, and I like the subtle blue light to the left. :slight_smile: I like the skin mod piece too, very cool design :smiley:

Thanks Vicky! Post pro is a delicate line to tread for me. :stuck_out_tongue: The skin modifier is awesome. You should try an abstract piece with it.

More work with the skin modifier and cyclops mk. 2-

Great low-poly work! The cave and the glaciers are my favorite. And I love the sports car take on the X-Wing.

Thanks! I’m going to try some more low-poly soon with better materials.

Mulitres polishing-

More skin+mulitres

1 Like

Quickie-

Abstract glass-

Tesseract Glass Test-

1 Like

More glass-

Gemstone-

1 Like

Nice renders! Love this thread.

Thanks!

More detail on the Robo Neck-

New robot head using the new curve brush + line brush combined with the previous method.

Very nice, I am really glad to see you take full advantage of the new tools :smiley:

Thanks! I want to mess around with layered texture paint but have no idea on how to yet, I just saw it in the release notes. Have you been painting with that at all?

Quick Material Test-