Phoenix Smith's Sketch Book

Hard surface modeling WIP-

Trying to follow Xrg’s tut and failing miserably,…

Also after all this work blender decided to crash, and me being the forgetful person I am did not save the image! Thus this is the only render I will ever have of it. :frowning:

Just do it again - I learn every time I pick that back up, seems I always miss something and find a revelation. A very good tutorial, I hope he makes many more.

I will. I think his work is amazing.

Alright so I have officially had enough of my render times in cycles. :mad: Take this scene for instance-

This took 45 minutes (It is dead simple)! to render and is still quite noisy. My four core cpu is not able to handle this kinda thing and I’m sitting on an AMD at the moment. So its time for a new PC! I’m gonna custom build a new with a much better nvidia and overclocked processor, 16 gigs of RAM, etc. Hopefully you will be seeing alot more renders from me after the installation.

Lego minifig rough model-

Super rough material test to get a feel for colors/glossiness. The reflection/shine is overboard so now just to tinker with my node groups. I can’t take not having a real time viewport update now that I know I will be able to have that in a week or so. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Railgun-

Anyone know why the forum resizer is so bad? It makes small images look like crap, and larger ones too. :stuck_out_tongue:

With stock-

Quick Dyntopo Dragon-

Cool gun! I love the Lego guy too(finally saw the movie a few days ago…yes, I am a little behind on the latest movies LOL). There might be something wrong with your settings for that glass picture, I doubt it’s your PC, but it will be nice to have a faster machine of course :slight_smile: Good stuff dude! :smiley:

Thanks Vicky! Yea I have seen that movie one too many times. :yes: I have the bounces turned down to bare minimum for the glass, and not much in the scene. But going from a cpu to a 770 nvidia geforce should be quite fun. :smiley:

Yafaray’s caustics are way better anyway, just use that for glass :smiley:

Yafaray wont let me use the new versions. :frowning: Is there an updated yafa I should know about?

I haven’t updated my Yaf yet, I have a 2.70 with Yaf and Lux that I hang on to :slight_smile: You aren’t the first to mention issues with 2.71, so I’m going to have to try myself and see what’s up. :confused:

Ah Im on 2.71 that may be it.

Remaking this oldie (See I made that head for a reason ;))-

1 Like

I just went to Yaf’s site, and they are talking about it, maybe it’ll get fixed soon. I am using 2.71 as well, I just haven’t tried to use any externals yet, but it looks like I have to! :smiley:
http://www.yafaray.org/node/612

Nice robot guy! :slight_smile:

Yea I have the same errors. :frowning: Thanks!

Rerender in yafa-

1 Like

Voxel Earth-