Photogrammetry workflow

I’m attempting this workflow but being the stupid person I am, my main OS is OS X (actually, I love Macs). I recently became obsessed with the concepts in photogrammetry, trying to re-create real world environments and objects from multiple photos. But blast it all, I can’t seem to get VSFM to compile on OS X and there seems to be surprisingly little support on the subject of doing so.

My workflow is dramatically lengthened due to the fact I have to boot into Windows, run VSFM there, then boot back into OS X where Blender and all of my projects reside.

I’ve come across other tools that look promising, but end up being too cumbersome to implement. I discovered ArcheOS, Python Photogrammetry Toolbox (which I was surprised hadn’t been ported into a Blender plugin), and have even attempted futzing around with adding multiple cameras to a Blender scene, then aligning specified points manually; but that turned out to be too complicated as well since I couldn’t assign a specific background image to just one camera (it seems to always default to the active).

This seems like a topic that would have been figured out by greater men than I, but info on it seems sparse at best. I’ve seen simple examples of it in software like 123D and software like Seene, but I would like something more like VSFM or Voodoo (which I remember using long ago)… localized on my machine where I have more control.