I am releasing my first addon for Blender: Photographer! What does it do?
- Adds Camera Exposure controls, per camera
- Adds Camera White Balance, per camera
- Adds Render resolution and Ratio presets, per camera
- Adds Autofocus Single and Autofocus Continuous to your camera
- Control Motion Blur using Shutter speed or Shutter angle
And the autofocus buttons in the 3d view header/footer
You can learn more about it by watching these videos:
Please note that the Official Blender version will require you to reapply the camera settings manually in some cases. Nightly builds will refresh the Photographer settings automatically like in the video.
Latest version for Blender 2.8: 2019/01/30: 2.0.0.
Please read the warnings below!
- There are still some registration errors for the addon preference, so you can get errors when enabling / disabling / re-enabling the addon during the same Blender session. Ignore the error and click again to enable the addon.
- To avoid breaking the autosave, I re-introduced a “Apply all settings” button. If you changed Resolution, Color management Curves or Depth of Field default blender settings, they will override the Photographer settings. You can use that button to reapply the Photographer settings all at once.
- Both issues were already preset in 2.79 so there is no regression there.
- Thanks @joemoehobo for starting porting over to 2.8, thanks @hypersomniac for the viewport update trick.
- Changed context.user_preferences to context.preferences (API change)
- Little cleaning.
Latest version for Blender 2.79: 2019/01/9: 1.2.3.
Download it from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rT_gUTF88XVSNim15caLpG6Xzhkwrzfv/view?usp=sharing
- Fixed Blender autosave by removing the auto-apply. If you changed Resolution, Color management Curves or Depth of Field default blender settings, they will override the Photographer settings. You can use that button to reapply the Photographer settings all at once.
- Fixed typo, this is unforgiveable.
- Fixed error if there are no cameras in the scenes.
- New exposure calculation: previous formula was incorrect, it is now fixed and makes EV stops work is a realistic manner.
However, updating will affect the exposure of the scenes you had already worked on. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- New nightly builds have got a fix for extended exposure range (now 64 stops, used to be 20), which allows the addon to work even for exposure that use to be out of realistic range. Feel free to upgrade your blender.
- Fixed bug that would override Color Management Exposure even if Photographer Exposure control was turned off.
- Fixed bug where using Shutter Speed presets would not update the EV guide properly.
- More accurate Color Picker
- If the raycast fails for whatever reason, it will now throw an error and not keep you locked with the picker icon.
- Fixed context error that affected Resolution settings.
- Now using Modal Timer to apply settings, works similar for nightly and official builds. Much more optimized for the CPU.
- Adds support for real camera values in a drop down menu instead of sliders
- Adds addon preferences to pick default behaviors
- Adds motion blur controls using shutter speed or shutter angle
- Addon will now work for both nightly builds and official blender versions, no need to install a different version.
- Supports Troy Sobotka Filmic color profile (https://github.com/sobotka/filmic-blender). This is a slightly different implementation from the official 2.79 one (watch Bartek Skorupa’s explanation here: https://youtu.be/kVKnhJN-BrQ?t=24m35s )
- Hides focus distance in 3D view header when AF-C is active to avoid confusion.
- Removed Photographer Panel button to avoid confusion with AF buttons.
Thanks to lacilaci86 and lsscpp for testing and giving feedback.
Let me know if you encounter any issue or if you have suggestions!