Photographer - Camera Exposure, White Balance, Autofocus, Physical Lights, Bokeh, Render Queue

Okay, thanks for the images it’s clearer :slightly_smiling_face:

But it’s the way it’s supposed to be. Your HDR has been pre-exposed so that the mid-grey is mid-grey with the default exposure of Blender. This is good for lookdev, when you want to switch between HDRIs quickly, but this is not made to be used with realistic camera exposure, or architectural renders where you want to get proper light ratios between light fixtures and different skies.

most hdris are needing no more as 1 strength.sometimes 1-2 or some 4-5 or so,with basic filmic and exposure at 0.just saying.

but i can see that the addon can be usefull with IES lights ect for indoor renderings for example,with real camera settings for sure.

If you use an HDRI of an Interior room instead, you will notice that you won’t have to use 100 strength, but something closer to 1 :slight_smile: It’s just that the sun is that bright in real life.

could be.you have to scale the hdr strength anyway to .18 grey with filmic,to match the materials used in the scene,if addon is used or not.if you use IES lights, what you dont want to change,then i would change the camera settings.

i have a idea for your addon.auto exposure.you place a greyball or card in the scene and match the light automaticly.a lightmeter kind of.and your addon calculating and set the correct values.

That’s a good idea, I’ll put it in my to-do list.

2 Likes

Hi @chafouin! Do you have a 2.8 version of the addon yet, or has 2.8 changed too much for the migration to be easy? I’m actually forced to use 2.8 right now due to a GPU issue, and I can’t live without your addon…

Gave it a quick try but having some issues with the new way of registering classes in 2.8, I’ll see if I can get some help.

1 Like

Can’t wait! I’m working with a few other guys on an addon, which we’ve recently successfully tested in 2.8, I might be able to get some help for you?

That would be great. First thing is replace the register_module with register_class. https://en.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/Source/Python/UpdatingScripts
I’m getting a missing attribute when trying so.

Feel free to poke around with the script, it’s open source for a reason :slight_smile:

This addon, or similar camera functions should be implemented in the default blender. Could this be achieved?
I absolutely love the addon and use it for everything now.

Gave it a quick try but having some issues with the new way of registering classes in 2.8, I’ll see if I can get some help.

Jayanam released a video, “Blender 2.8 Updating Addon Python Scripts”, that may be helpful for adopting this addon to 2.8.

Thanks, I’ll have a look :slight_smile:

Not really helping, I’m still getting the same error and I don’t know how to fix it right now.

Thanks for the addon mate. I do have an error too when I enable it and it seems to work and only on 2.79.5 but is what I use for rendering anyway.

I was wondering if its possible to have different Resolutions for each camera because as of now it seems the UI keeps pointing to the old setting lets say camera 1 had a ratio of 4:3 and then a second one I changed it to 1:1. When I go back to the first one the UI says its 4:3 still but its 1:1 in reality. Not saying to fix the UI bug but instead to have different resolutions for each camera. For product shooting it would be a huge thing.

I did the following changes at the end of the script, as this should be the new way of registering classes:

def register():
    #bpy.utils.register_module(__name__)
    bpy.types.Camera.photographer = PointerProperty(type=PhotographerSettings)
    bpy.app.handlers.scene_update_post.append(focus_continuous)
    bpy.app.handlers.scene_update_post.append(apply_settings_handler)
    bpy.types.VIEW3D_HT_header.append(focus_single_button)
    bpy.types.VIEW3D_HT_header.append(focus_continuous_button)
    bpy.types.VIEW3D_HT_header.append(focus_distance_header) 

def unregister():
    bpy.app.handlers.scene_update_post.remove(focus_continuous)
    bpy.types.VIEW3D_HT_header.remove(focus_single_button)
    bpy.types.VIEW3D_HT_header.remove(focus_continuous_button)
    bpy.types.VIEW3D_HT_header.remove(focus_distance_header)
    #bpy.utils.unregister_module(__name__)
    del bpy.types.Camera.photographer

if __name__ == "__main__":
    classes = ( AddonPreferences,
                InterpolatedArray,
                PhotographerPanel,
                PhotographerSettings,
                PhotographerSetShutterAngle,
                PhotographerSetShutterSpeed,
                PhotographerRenderMotionBlur,
                PhotographerWBReset,
                PhotographerMakeCamActive,
                PhotographerUpdateSettings,
                PhotographerSelectActiveCam,
                PhotographerWBPicker,
                PhotographerFocusSingle,
                ModalTimerApplySettings )

register, unregister = bpy.utils.register_classes_factory(classes)

register()

After this, I get the following error:

Not sure what goes wrong here…

This is the whole purpose of the resolution feature, so if it’s not working for you, then it’s broken for some reason :slight_smile: I’ll check if I can reproduce the issue.

Okay I’ll try to do it your way and see if I can fix that error, thanks.

That’s great to hear I even created a proposal for having a camera resolution override in Right-Click Select. You are the man! :smiley: It seems I get a constant error when I launch Blender 2.79b not happening in 2.79.5.

Sorry @LMABit but can’t reproduce your issue… The UI update properly when selecting different cameras in 2.79.6 for me (couldn’t find 2.79.5 build). When making the selected camera active, it updates the resolution as expected.

Can you make a short video/gif of the problem, so I can see what you are doing and how you are using the addon?

The Addon actually doesn’t work in 2.79b. Now using 2.79 branch 2.8 it gives me this error right away when I open Blender.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\animani\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\photographer.py”, line 1243, in modal
update_settings(self,context)
File “C:\Users\animani\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\photographer.py”, line 388, in update_settings
settings = context.scene.camera.data.photographer
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘data’

You can see how here how both cameras change their resolution. If I am on the camera it does the same thing, obviously, but the resolution tab stays put where I left it.