Photographer - Camera Exposure, White balance and Autofocus

add-ons

(chafouin) #102

Well, it’s normal that you see both cameras resolution change in that view, because the addon is pretty much a hack :slight_smile: The resolution is a render setting that is saved at a scene level, so you can’t technically have two different render resolutions at the same time.

What the addon does is that it saves a camera resolution per camera, and if that camera is active, then it applies that camera resolution to the scene render resolution.

The important thing here is that you can’t have more than 1 active camera per scene in Blender. If you set different resolutions in your cameras, and then switch the active camera, you will see your render resolution update to the camera resolution.

I’ll look into the 2.79b issue!

(animani) #103

When I switch my camera the resolution is the same. Its not just the camera object itself. That’s what I said earlier that the resolution remains the same on both if I don’t recall the resolution preset again. Mine when I switch to a new camera it doesn’t update but instead it remains the same until I click on the desire resolution presets again. To me this makes it unusable as it would be like going to the render tab and changing the resolution manually anyway. Tested in Blender 2.79b and other builds. Just tested it in 2.79.8 and I get that error too.

(chafouin) #104

Okay, I’ll try all the versions and make a video of it, this is pretty weird. Thanks for taking the time to report and explain the issue.

(animani) #105

I really appreciate you sharing the tool and here is a new gif I just recorded.

(chafouin) #106

If you use the Make Active Camera Button in the addon when you switch the camera, does it work?

I am thinking that the render resolution doesn’t get updated properly when changing the active camera. It should update them every 2 seconds or so normally.

(animani) #107

Using the make active camera works. Thanks for pointing that out. That’s enough for me to consider this a great addition. Thanks again. Obviously, it would be great it could change automatically, maybe another hack? :smiley:

(chafouin) #108

There is a hack for that already, the settings are updated every 3 seconds by a modal function. I kept it to 3 seconds to avoid flooding the CPU. I have tried it in many different conditions right now, and it works… maybe you were not waiting long enough when changing the active camera?

I fixed the error you had, this was happening because there are no camera in your scene.

1.2.1:

• Fixed error if there are no camera in the scene.

(animani) #109

Yes that’s right I do not have any camera in my startup scene. Thanks for that.