Photographer - Camera Exposure, White balance and Autofocus

add-ons

(chafouin) #122

Use a fixed 6500K value for the white balance during the capture.

Put your HDRI in Blender and start the render.
Calculate the EV of one of the bracketed exposure photo using the EXIF data. Input that value in the Photographer add-on and see if the render brightness matches the reference photo. If not, adjust the exposure of the HDRI in Photoshop or other photo editing software.

(chafouin) #123

Latest version: 2019/01/9 : 1.2.2.

1.2.2:

• Fixed typo, this is unforgiveable. Thanks tmammela for reporting it.

I’ll now be working on the 2.8 version!

(Shohrukh) #124

Your add-on is awesome!!!

(chafouin) #125

Version 2.0.0 for Blender 2.8 is now available. Please read the warnings below!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RElgHDuP77KE6TsG8meRSTi9QasvejZq/view?usp=sharing

• Thanks @joemoehobo for starting porting over to 2.8, thanks @hypersomniac for the viewport update trick.
  • Changed context.user_preferences to context.preferences (API change)
  • Little cleaning.

Warnings:

• There are still some registration errors for the addon preference, so you can get errors when enabling / disabling / re-enabling the addon during the same Blender session. Ignore the error and click again to enable the addon.
  • To avoid breaking the autosave, I re-introduced a “Apply all settings” button. If you changed Resolution, Color management Curves or Depth of Field default blender settings, they will override the Photographer settings. You can use that button to reapply the Photographer settings all at once.
  • Both issues were already present in 2.79 so there is no regression there.

List of addons that work with 2.8
List of addons that work with 2.8
(smilebags) #126

Amazing to see a 2.8 port of this addon, I’ve been meaning to check back here for a while. I’m excited to get my hands on this one again!

(chafouin) #127

I think it’s pretty unacceptable to break the autosave, so I fixed 2.79 version as well with version 1.2.3.
Same warnings as the 2.8 version, I think it’s not too much of a problem to have to reapply the settings in rare situations.

(robertzaku1) #128

This is awesome addon. Glad to see this addon in 2.8. I have a question about the functionality of this addon with EEVEE. EEVEE’s Depth of Field and Motion Blur still have got limitations. They are not feature-complete yet. Could this addon solve the problem a bit? Thanks!

(William) #129

@chafouin

This seems like a great addon - I can help making the UI more compliant with Blender 2.8 (column, sub-panels, presets)

(chafouin) #130

The add-on is only an interface layer on top of the rendering options that already exist in Blender, so unfortunately, it won’t fix EEVEE’s limitations.
I am personally still working everyday on 2.79 because some add-ons I use haven’t been ported yet, so I’m not fully aware of EEVEE’s limitations at the moment. If you can write them down to me, it would help me understand the issues and how we could work around them, or nag Clement to fix them :wink:

(robertzaku1) #131

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/render/eevee/limitations.html