Photographer - Camera Exposure, White Balance, Autofocus, Physical Lights, Bokeh, Render Queue

Nice, can you add contrast and saturation? Thanks for making this.

Yes, contrast is on the list, saturation will probably have to be limited to presets.
Iā€™ll be away for a couple of weeks but Iā€™ll look into new features when Iā€™m back.

I have set difference resolution to cameras respectively.
When I changed active camera, the resolution did not change. But each resolution data is maintained.
So, I need to re-check enable to reflect the resolution to the camera.
Can it change resolution automatically when I change active camera?

1 Like

If you use the Make Active button in the addon to switch your cameras, it will update the settings automatically.
In the official blender version, you can use the Reapply settings button to make sure they are updated for your active camera. The nightly build version doesnā€™t have this ā€œproblemā€ and will update settings automatically as long as the camera properties panel is opened.
Make sure to download the latest version as well, it has got a few stability fixes. Let me know if this doesnā€™t work.

Thank you! It works well.

Excellent addon, looking forward to using it! Even with a single camera seems very useful. I love that exposure/EV has a meaningful value now.

One issue, when using blender-filmic instead of blenderā€™s default OCIO config, there is an error using the white balance color picker. If you donā€™t find time or reason to implement that perhaps fallback to some assumption? Currently the cursor gets stuck with the color picker icon on error.

Iā€™m using the blender nightly build from 04-05-2018 (April 5th)

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\photographer_nightlyBuilds.py", line 668, in modal
    context.scene.display_settings.display_device = "sRGB"
TypeError: bpy_struct: item.attr = val: enum "sRGB" not found in ('None', 'sRGB / BT.709')

Thanks for reporting, Iā€™ll fix it right away when Iā€™m back from vacation :slight_smile:

Awesome thanks! Iā€™ve been finding the DoF feature really nice too. Great work!

New version 1.0.4:

• Addon will now work for both nightly builds and official blender versions, no need to install a different version.
  • Supports Troy Sobotka Filmic color profile (https://github.com/sobotka/filmic-blender). This is a slightly different implementation from the official 2.79 one (watch Bartek Skorupaā€™s explanation here: https://youtu.be/kVKnhJN-BrQ?t=24m35s )
  • Hides focus distance in 3D view header when AF-C is active to avoid confusion.

Awesome, thanks for the update!

thanks for the update

Iā€™d love to get this addon to workā€¦ However:

It could be that I am doing something wrong ā€¦ I am a bit of twat with addons ā€¦ :cool:

I just copied the code from your link and saved it as a .py. I am using 2.79b.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Disregard the above please! I had a ā€œlight bulb momentā€ :eek:. It is working now. Awesome addon! Thank you! :yes:

New version 1.1.0:

• Adds motion blur controls using shutter speed or shutter angle.

Great work.

1 Like

Another update, focused on UI:

1.1.1:

• Adds support for real camera values in a drop down menu instead of sliders
  • Adds addon preferences to pick default UI behaviors

blender_2018-05-07_00-47-14

Chris from Youtube here, wonderful work! I think having the preferences is a nice touch. Iā€™m guessing the ā€˜timeā€™ icon on the right allows shutter speed to control motion blur, right?

Nicely polished, hopefully you can get lots of people using it and get Blender to consider adding it as default functionality.

Hey Chris, thanks for your feedback.
The time icon switches between shutter speed and shutter angle. The motion blur checkbox allows it to take control of the motion blur.

You can always hover with your mouse over buttons and properties to see tooltips, Iā€™m trying to keep everything documented there.

Ah right, I missed that. Thank you for putting all the time you have into it, I will be sure to let people know where to get it when I do videos or tutorials :slight_smile:

No worries, Iā€™m glad to see people like my addon :slight_smile:

2 Likes