Photographer - Camera Exposure, White Balance, Autofocus, Physical Lights, Bokeh, Render Queue

Please send the scene :slight_smile:

Was going to buy this at blendermarket. Can’t find it. Why was it removed?

:point_right: Photographer - Camera Exposure, White Balance, Autofocus, Physical Lights, Bokeh, Render Queue - #1190 by chafouin
:point_right: E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now! - #637 by bliblubli

1 Like

Hi, I’m facing a small issue every now and then concerning the render files naming. For some reason when a render finishes the name in the render Q assigned folder will change to the last rendered image name instead of keeping the prefix I want for my output files to use as a base for further incremental naming and if I don’t change that manually after every render session I end up with very weird filenames like this i.e.:

basemesh_01_011.png01_001.png01_001.png01_001.png

is there an option I need to deactivate or any other known solution to this? I didn’t have this problem with older versions of Photographer but it seems to be there intermitently in the latest versions

I will try to repro and fix it, feel free to DM me your scene file so I can make sure to understand and fix the right problem.

thanks for quick answer, I’m having this with every scene actually, and I have the suspicion it starts happening if for some reason I break up the rendering process by closing the rendering window while still rendering.

I think when I do that the name in the Render Q path changes and then it happens all the time even when I won’t break up the rendering after that.

Maybe you can try this out and see if it happens to you too, if not I can send you a blend file for testing.

@chafouin Just for inspiration purposes: https://github.com/atticus-lv/lightgroup_helper
it got some solo functions and such…
but still in version 0.4, so some things could be better/cleverer working.

I thought a lot about lightgroups and it’s evolution. If it’s the best time to implement yet, or…

Anyways, just for comparison on how other people solve the new lightgroups atm…

1 Like

Closing the window or even cancelling the render should not be a problem, the output path should be restored to its original form when doing so (tested locally and confirmed it works as expected).

I was not able to reproduce the issue so a scene would still be welcome :slight_smile: Thanks for taking the time to report it.

Hi, thank you for testing. Have you also tried changing from “Render active only” and “Render all active” back and forth? it’s really doing it with every project I open and use this workflow. It doesn’t seem to be specific to just one blend file.

Also I always name my cameras 01, 02, 03… and so on without any words in the name but just the number. Do you think that could have an impact too?

Could it be that you are not waiting for the current render to finish before starting a new one? That’s one case where I could reproduce naming issues, I’ll make sure the buttons do nothing if the render is still going on.

1 Like

Taht might be, actually what I do is to break up some renderings by just closing the render window when I see there are some errors or things I forgot, then I render again, so maybe that’s not the right way to break up a wrong render process. Thanks for looking into it and working on a solution :slight_smile:

Closing the window won’t stop the render, so that’s probably what’s happening. Will be fixed very soon, thanks for reporting the issue.

1 Like