Photometrology?

Hi,

I got pointed in the direction of this site while searching for an opensource solution. I need to do some photogrammetry whereby common points on multiple photos can be marked, and then the 3D geometry of those points exported. I’m not looking to model, so I don’t need to generate dense point clouds. These are terrestrial photographs, and relatively close range.

Stereo isn’t suitable, nor the old freeware PhotoModeler 3 Lite (PhotoModeler 6 does exactly what I want - pity about the price tag!).
Blix looks like it hasn’t been touched since 2004, but I’ll add it when I get back onto my linux distro. But in the mean time, are there any current Blender projects on this topic?

Many thanks :slight_smile:

I don’t know if anything like this is being developed for Blender, but you may want to check out insight3d. I’ve tried it out on buildings and it works nicely, but I’m not sure how well it handles terrain.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve had a play with insight, it is very capable software but it doesn’t appear to be set up for anything other than modelling objects (which it appears to do very competently!)