Photoreal rose

I was trying to model organics which I havent had much experience with and I was very excited at how this tured out, but any C&C is welcome. :smiley:

Attachments

Wow, nice.

The leaves and petals seem to have a sort of paper look though.

Cool!!! :slight_smile:

Finally. XD You have no idea how sick I was getting of the weird, twirly, fake roses that everyone was making. Looking great. I’ll agree, though, they need a bit of a thicker, SSS look to them. Make a backup, first, then trying highlighting all the faces and extruding them slightly. Though don’t move the extrude, just press e then click, then use the shrink/fatten, ‘alt+s’ I think, to move the faces along the normals a tiny bit, just a very tiny bit though, just to give them a thickness.

Still though, the shape of the petals and everything, gorgeous. :]

The edges are a little to flat, you might try to curl them over a little. but it is quite stunning.

the branc texture looks strange.

Other than that - perfect.

Looks really nice =) Did you use AO?

not quite photoreal imo (no sss, flat leaves/petals) but a very very nice work regardless. nice leaf texture. you use an array for the petals? four stars

1 Like

Very beautiful.
Only the crits that have already been said.
P

Nice work… verry lifelike :slight_smile:

Having done some very basic organic shapes myself this looks pretty good to me. I would be interested in knowing how you modelled this, and how long it took.
Is the background a photo? or part of the model?

Thank you everyone. Yes I did use AO and the backgroung is a photo that I blured to focus the rose in.

looks very real to me.
nice modeling in general.
love it!!

My eye will accept this as a silk rose, and be very satisfied so to do.

Well done.

Good use of background and lighting.

I believe that you did, indeed, achieve your goal of a “photorealistic” rendering of this object, interpreted to be made of silk.

Very beatiful, textures are great!