Photorealistic Interior Scene

Hi all,

I’m trying to create realistic interior scenes but I don’t know what I could do to improve my renders. The main goal is to make it look as realistic as possible. Hope you have some tips for me, thanks.

Here my latest work:

6 Likes

Plants, dust, something you have on your desk… or on the floor :wink: (This shelf is useless because it’s almost empty.) … maybe a cat :crazy_face: … nice so far
Edit: after seeing this An interior - just for fun and learning i recognized what i was worried about: the inner lights are on but there is bright light in the windows… okay the shelfs are also almost emtpy ans the open window with sun is super vfx and maybe for architectural render not so wanted but a blurry bush outside and/or the silhouette of the next building…

Hey, thanks for your feedback. I tried to copy this reference image:

Thats why I didnt use plants and the desk is also pretty empty :smiley:
I tried to add some dirt to the floor but it doesnt look so good:

ahhh… then you may have just said this because i think while toggleing the two this quite nice… interesting to see that the even brighter sun and additional light spheres does make such a different in the original composition… and i notice: the mirror !!! what a nice trick (have to remember that) to make the room bigger… okay more work because of the mirrored room… but just an image of a room to test it could be… almost a solution…

Overall, you did a very good job reproducing the reference image. I’ll upload an edited image of your render to point out the specific spots and areas you can improve, imo, in order to boost your realism.

1. The floor. You definitely need to pump up your roughness map and the height/normal map too. Your floor doesn’t need imperfections imo, but regular roughness and bump maps.
  2. Try adding seams on the wall, and randomize the darkness/lightness of its texture per tile. That would add a great deal of texture in your walls.
  3. The desk material is too glossy too. Try tweaking the roughness values a bit more with a color ramp or an RGB curves node.
  4. Try adding a couple of drawers on the library. Their surface imperfection would add realism.
  5. There some specific elements of the reference image that make it more interesting in the eye, like the bulgy floor lamp, or some more on-desk assets.

I really hope this helps. Your lighting setup looks quite good and accurate, compared to the initial image, so these little details might help you a bit, the floor being the most important element of all.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for your feedback. Nice tips, I’ll try it :slight_smile:

1. Yes I noticed that while I was creating this scene. I played with with the roughness values and colorramp and imperfection to achive results like in the reference image but the default roughness/normal map is a little bit to weak. Maybe choose a better texture next time.

run it through the math power node