Photoshop Webs???

I have seen all over the web about creating websites using photoshop… i have photoshop, image ready, and frontpage 2000. How is that possible and how do you add links to the page… could i get a full tutorial on this subject start-finish… plz?

I don’t know for photoshop but here’s something for the gimp:http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/index.html?node81.html
(If you can’t do it in photoshop you can always do it in the gimp anyway).

If you are asking such basic questions, you obviously do not know a lot about www development. Photoshop is the worst place to start, too. If you are really interested in getting into web design and development (and not just making a 1337 w3paeg 4 ur budz), www.w3schools.com is probably the best place to start.

Yes, carnivore is right… You need to start at the beginning… and that’s just plain dumb HTML … There’s lots of scripting languages aside HTML but that’s where you should start…

You should learn from it how a browser shows information… wich is called a website. From there you know what the possibilities are for making a graphic design. (photoshop)…

It’s a wide subject … just search for website building basics through a searchengine and start somewhere…

good luck.

m01

w3schools is probably the best place to start even if you dont really want to get into it, just because they cover like everything, and make it so you can jump to a specific thing, and they show examples.

My high school’s computer club has to make the school website, and i told everyone to go to w3schools because they all had no idea what they were doing. They were going to use frontpage!!

yes, you can make web pages, but photoshop is just an extension of what you need. Think of it as modeling a human… even if you use the MakeHuman script, you still need to know WTF you’re doing…

I appreciate the critisism yet, i already know html and i do know java. I studied it for a whole year. I am just wanting to do something new and more simple. So if you know anywhere to get the info plz let me know.

I appreciate the critisism yet, i already know html and i do know java. I studied it for a whole year. I am just wanting to do something new and more simple. So if you know anywhere to get the info plz let me know.

I really got the impression you were a total newbie (from your message)… In that case I still don’t really understand your question. You want something more simple ?

The thing is : You can’t create a website in PS… though PS has some features wich add to webdevelopment (like slicing / save for web etc…) …

Maybe you’re looking for WYSIWYG sitemaking ?

md01

From a Photoshop user:
There is a tool “slice” (little cut knife) that makes you able to cut your webdesign (image) in pieces. I don’t know how this really works but I heard it isn’t that good. The best way to do this is creating a design completely in photoshop (or gimp) and cut it aftherwards in pieces by flatten image and select parts and save them as seperated gif files which can be optimized in photoshop with ‘save for web’.

Later create a html side using tables and place those images inside it. With combination of css you can create a really cool website.
An example I did: http://www.blendedreality.nl.tt/blendedreality
The good things is, it loads all images on first view, afther that the page loads from 99% out of your browser cache. That means 2th view on the page loads fast as hell compared to php sites. Unless you disabled caching and temp saving of files in your browser settings (wich is a really bad habbit, In IE from MS this is a good habbit because you can’t trust it :slight_smile: that’s why I put an image on that site ‘get firefox’)
Anyways that’s the best to do.

Ah, if you know html (and other subjects) then it should be plain sailing. The thing is, although some people do create an entire website in PS or fireworks, the preferred (and optimal/normal/acceptable/technically compatible/etc) way is to create a design in your app of choice and then export it. Fireworks and Dreamweaver work very well together - you can create a design, optimize and export (to HTML/images) it in FW, then create the actual website in Dreamweaver.

Also, did you study Java or JavaScript?

JD wrote:
There is a tool “slice” (little cut knife) that makes you able to cut your webdesign (image) in pieces.

I have found a website that deals with especially photoshop.
http://www.good-tutorials.com and it is an exceptionally great site for photoshop tutorials over 4000 tutorials… and i found tutorials especially for websites…

I studied JavaScript, and i am still learning. I must say it is very hard for me.

If any one knows where i can get tutorials for javascript please let me know.