Piano Scene on Beach

This is my very first attempt to a realistic piano. I am a pianist so I had fun with this project. I also learned a bunch of new things. The whole project was created in Blender 3.1 using cycles. Let me know what you think!

3 Likes

I like it!

Glad you created something you’re interested and passionate about

I feel like a more spacious background would have lended to a better feel. The brick wall may take away from the potential. Maybe the ocean in the background?

Thanks for the feedback!
Yeah, I was thinking about that myself… I might even make that my next project to make an entire beach. I have never done that before and it might teach me a few things. Any suggestions before I do?

Yeah that’s what I love about a new direction on a project: the learning and the delight that comes from it!

Hmm suggestions. Well I think the beach idea would add a sense of openness and spaciousness, which is good to a certain degree for your scene I think. I would maybe try to populate the beach with interesting objects to make it more populated… less spacious, but those objects shouldn’t be too interesting, just kinda cute and cool for a few seconds, and help the viewer ease back into the piano. You already have that cute object to the left. It’s cute but it doesn’t take away too much from the main scene. So kinda backgroundy and complementary side-kicky objects.

If you decide to make the water in the background you can add things like a sailboat way in the background and some birds in the sky. Something like that, perhaps!

That’s what came up for me when I thought about it! Wishing you the best and feel free to tag me when you progress in the piece and share it.

I certainly will. Thanks for your feedback!

Nice piano and cute cup! :+1:
The title is somewhat “funny” because one expects a vast open ocean.
But the brick wall is brutal :wink: It is the opposite. While an ocean stands for freedom, a wall rather symbolizes captivity :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I think I am going to be making my next project focused on the creation of a beach. It will certainly make the piano look more fitted in its environment, but it will also give me another challenge. Firstly though, I gotta learn how to make realistic water! :laughing:

1 Like

There is an ocean modifier in Blender that is very helpful. You can check it out :grinning:

1 Like

Oh wow! I did not know that. Thanks a lot!

1 Like