Picking the right tablet question

I think that it’s time for me to break down and buy a tablet. The problem is, I’m not sure that I want to drop a few hundred dollars into something that is better than I need. The Bamboo capture seems to have the right options for someone that is just getting started with Blender. Does anyone have experience using the Wacom Bamboo Capture in Blender? Why would it be beneficial to upgrade to an Intuos or better later on?

Thanks.

I have an old Wacom Intous II that I have used for years and years… originaly purchased it to do paint and sketch type stuff in photoshop…
it still is working like a champ after some number of years… (I can’t really recall when I purchased it… it had to be 2002-2003 something like that… I use it now to still do sketch and paint stuff in Gimp and MyPaint (as I am trying to use as much Free and Open Source Software as I can of times of late) I have only used it sparingly with Blender but what little I have it seemed to work just fine…
Given the choice… I would definitely buy Wacom again… (but then again they may not make the tablets as good as they use too… Planned Obsolescence and all that Anti-Zietgiest stuff floating about in Corporate thinking now days… )
anyway hope that helps…

I wound up getting the $200 ish Wacom bamboo create. I have no idea how I functioned without before. Coupled with the new maya control layout, it works great with Blender.

Yah I think mine was like $400 at the time but it was like the 9X12 version and I have never needed it to be any bigger…

Maybe, but if you run multiple monitors, you end up losing a lot of tablet space.

I suppose… I’ve always used my tablet for freehand drawing stuff and always jumped back on the mouse for clicking… that’s probably why the smaller tablet works for me… I can see where if you were going to use the tablet for ‘all’ your interface maneuvers then, yah, you would need a bigger tablet…

Hello all, a Brandy new user.

I am just getting started and watched many tut’s online. I am a Mechanical engineer and have been using Photoshop for about 7 years and way back when, started with AutoCad back when it was version 3.0 about and last used it at about version 9.0. So this means I am techie enough to be dangerous.

My interest in this thread is because my Intuos4 pen/tablet is not behaving well. From Blender main forum I learned to set the keyboard to emulate the number-keypad and set upper and lower buttons on the pen to Pan/Scroll and RMB respectively. That takes care of zooming and grabbing but at this time, I do not know enough to ask what other problems that might be encountered

Are there other issues?
And realizing this is not the appropriate forum, any suggestions for learning in addition to the tut’s online?

Thank you much.

My equipment: Bought new Dec/2011.

Hardware:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB