I have a problem using the UV-editor. I have used it often (and successfully up to now!), but now all of a sudden it drives me crazy. What happens is this:
- I open the picture I want to map (its a jpg) in the UV-editor. It’s displayed correctly.
- I select my mesh and change to edit-mode
- I select the faces to unwrap and “u->project from view”
- The selected faces are displayed in the UV-editor-window, however the picture disappears. It’s gone, and all that’s left is the default grey square with the grid.
- I try to re-load the picture, and blender does pretend to do something, but the picture stays invisible.
- I repeated the steps above multiple times, even closed blender in between the tries. I deleted all UV-Maps for the mesh and started all over, with the same result.
- I can open the picture, either by image->open or selecting it from the dropdown, but it will only show up when no mesh is selected. As soon as I try to unwrap any surfaces the picture vanishes again.
- I yell at the PC, blender, stupid programmers, stupid me, stupid universe and moan my miserable fate.
- I call for help on blender-artists