Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

No, but I’m going to add this feature

Please send me the screenshot with this message.

PME should handle these situations. How do you use PME for these panels?
Can you show me some screenshots with these panels in opened and new blend file.

• Here is the message that appears after I install, restart Blender and then enable the addon.

• Here the two panels of the propietary addon when I open a new blend file. First panel is located in Object, and the other one in Materials but I didn’t try to set this on the toolshelf using PME.

• And finally how it looks in the toolshelf via PME in a new file (left) and in the current project file (right).

q_t

@roaoao : Now everything seems to be working perfectly, but it all appeared out of nowhere.

I will keep the original message, just in case.

hello

blender freeze and i lost half of my custom pies menu after

its 2 days of work

could someone tell me where thoses files could have gone ?

Error with Dec 3 build
Hash: a205493426b

2.80\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor\operators.py", line 1889, in invoke
cpm_key = keymap_helper.to_system_mouse_key(cpm.key, context)
2.80\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor\keymap_helper.py", line 441, in to_system_mouse_key
default = is_default_select_key()
2.80\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor\keymap_helper.py", line 424, in is_default_select_key
ret = kc.preferences.select_mouse == ‘RIGHT’
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘select_mouse’

Thank you for the update roaoao, much appreciated!

Levels is working for you? It isn’t working for me in Blender 2.79b… how strange.

Seems that if I activate it from the left panel button, which displays the options, and then use the Pie Menu… it works. Otherwise, it’s not working.

The smooth one has it’s own strange behaviour too.

I know these worked at one point, as I skinned a few characters with these methods.

Here is a video screencapture showing me messing about, showing the differing behaviours.

PME stores custom pie menus in User Preferences. Maybe you haven’t saved them? (File-User Preferences-Save User Settings)
Will add some auto-backup tool.

Thanks, but I couldn’t reproduce the issue.
Please try Dec 4 build.

I get the same issue when using imported keymap config even if it’s made in 2.8. Pie menus only seem to work with default blender keymap and only when saved as user pref, the moment you export and import the keymap it breaks pie menus.

Yes, a back up tool would be helpfull

Every menus were also strangely mixed

Pie Menu Editor 1.15.8 fix 3

Some Fixes for Blender 2.8 builds

Extract the files to scripts/addons/pie_menu_editor folder and restart Blender.

1 Like

Just tried to import 3Dsmax keyconfig and got the same issue. Looks like import operator doesn’t support new keyconfig preferences.
Added a workaround in this fix.

Is there a way to trigger a pie with just LMB (+ hold, for example) when over an empty part of the 3dview, without also triggering when over an object?

Blender 2.8 has bpy.ops.view3d.select_or_deselect_all() operator which can be useful in this case.

Use this code as a poll method.
No objects under mouse (your case):

bpy.ops.view3d.select_or_deselect_all('INVOKE_DEFAULT', True); is_empty_area = not C.selected_objects; bpy.ops.ed.undo(); return is_empty_area

Has objects under mouse:

bpy.ops.view3d.select_or_deselect_all('INVOKE_DEFAULT', True); is_empty_area = not C.selected_objects; bpy.ops.ed.undo(); return not is_empty_area
2 Likes

I get this error using that poll method

Traceback (most recent call last):

Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor\ed_base.py", line 1589, in execute
context.window_manager.popup_menu(self._poll_specials_call_menu)

blender-2.80.0-git.1b6a394d862-windows64\2.80\scripts\modules\bpy_types.py", line 143, in popup_menu
draw_func(popup, bpy.context)

Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor\ed_base.py", line 1573, in _poll_specials_call_menu

"External Script", icon=ic('FILE_FOLDER'),

TypeError: UILayout.operator(): required parameter “text” to be a keyword argument!

Pie Menu Editor 1.15.8 fix 3

Some Fixes for Blender 2.8 builds

Extract the files to scripts/addons/pie_menu_editor folder and restart Blender.

1 Like

Thanks, should be fixed here.

Hey roaoao
Using 2.8 beta here,
After i reset to factory default, and import key configuration that i stored(fresh install, no extra addons), i get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Zocky\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor\operators.py”, line 1889, in invoke
cpm_key = keymap_helper.to_system_mouse_key(cpm.key, context)
File “C:\Users\Zocky\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor\keymap_helper.py”, line 441, in to_system_mouse_key
default = is_default_select_key()
File “C:\Users\Zocky\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor\keymap_helper.py”, line 424, in is_default_select_key
ret = kc.preferences.select_mouse == ‘RIGHT’
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘select_mouse’

I tried installing your fix, but doesn’t seem to help. Any ideas maybe?
And tnx!