Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

Thanks, will release some workaround today.
Meanwhile try to switch to Interface tab and save preferences. Next time Blender should be opened in that tab.

Iā€™d appreciate some help, Iā€™ve set up a pop up menu to change the value in the field 1 when Iā€™m using the transform gizmo tool. Instead it changes the global value 2. The workaround is to leave the tool value at default and change the global value. But how do I set a tool specific value?

This is not easy but possible. Try this code in Custom tab:

tool = C.workspace.tools.from_space_view3d_mode(C.mode); ori = dict(Global=0, Transform=1, Move=1, Rotate=2, Shear=2, Scale=3, Resize=3); L.column(align=True).prop(C.scene.transform_orientation_slots[ori.get(tool.name, 0)], "type", expand=True)

If you want to set some value (eg. ā€˜GLOBALā€™) use this code in Command tab:

value = 'GLOBAL'; tool = C.workspace.tools.from_space_view3d_mode(C.mode); ori = dict(Global=0, Transform=1, Move=1, Rotate=2, Shear=2, Scale=3, Resize=3); C.scene.transform_orientation_slots[ori.get(tool.name, 0)].type = value

Pie Menu Editor 1.15.14

Whatā€™s New:

• Bug Fixes

How to Update:

• Backup your pie menus using Export button (optional).
  • Open User Preferences.
  • Go to the Add-Ons tab.
  • Click Install Add-on from File button, navigate to the file you downloaded and install it.
  • Restart Blender.
2 Likes

Thank you! It works perfectly!

Oh sorry, it works fine. There was a hotkey conflict. I had the hotkey bound to ā€˜alt 1ā€™ and for some reason while in object mode the macro wouldnā€™t execute because of the default ā€˜hide objects by collectionā€™ hotkey bound to ā€˜1ā€™.

Iā€™ve download your update, installed it and restarted Blender.

A properties popup I created will still only pop up on the left half of my screen?

It does the same if I change it to Dialogue Mode, but if I change it to Pie Mode it will pop up anywhere in the 3D view under my cursor?

(iMac 2017 27")

Just a little bug report. the viewport doesnā€™t update when I switch between vert,edge,face via a mode selector pie. Hereā€™s the pie menu Iā€™m using, my_pie_menus.json (1.7 KB)

1 Like

Hi, please export and send me the popup.

Hmm, looks like itā€™s a Blender issue.
You can update the viewport manually by using PMEā€™s tag_redraw() or tag_redraw(area='VIEW_3D', region='WINDOW') function:

bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode='EDIT'); bpy.ops.wm.context_set_value(data_path="tool_settings.mesh_select_mode", value= "(False, False, True)"); tag_redraw(area='VIEW_3D', region='WINDOW')

Btw, you can use this code instead:

bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode='EDIT'); C.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode = (False, False, True); tag_redraw(area='VIEW_3D', region='WINDOW')
3 Likes

Thanks! That works perfectly :smile: I noticed that you were put down as the author of the SmartFill script/addon. Is there any plans for that addon being updated for 2.8? I really loved the functionality and itā€™s sorely missed in 2.8. Thanks for all the hard work! :slight_smile:

Nope, Iā€™m just a co-developer. But Iā€™m going to help with porting Smart-add-ons because Iā€™m using some of them myself. Will contact the author when I finish porting my add-ons.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s an exported JSON of the single ā€˜RR_toolsā€™ menu.

RR_tools.json (1.7 KB)

Hi, I noticed that in the latest 1.15.14 the small arrows next to the description of the pie are gone.
Hopw the picture helps.

thanks

err

Works for me - Iā€™m using pme 1.15.14 and the 1/22 build.

Iā€™m using blender-2.80.0-git.dd3f5186260e, downloaded few hours ago.

It seems to break every new Build lol

Works for me.
Try to reproduce in the next build and send me the output from command line.

Hi roaoaoā€¦ can you add CLICK option to ā€œselect open modeā€ (Press, Click, Hold, Double Click, Tweak) ?? or point me some workaround.
Blender input settings has Press and Click options and I can map diferent actions.

3 other questionsā€¦

how to use the toggle button in pie menu? exā€¦ if already in vertex mesh mode, pie menu vertex mode button show enabled (pressed), if I click another mode (edge or face) vertex button change to unpressed and new clicked button change to pressed state.

Has some way to set tooltip text to pie button?

how to draw blender menu inside pie menu? (draw context menu (w key or right mouse button in 2.8) in pier menu item)

thank you