Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

and another noob question.
is it possible to use conditions?

if vert_sel:
            bpy.ops.mesh.dissolve_verts()
        elif edge_sel:
            bpy.ops.mesh.dissolve_edges(use_verts=True)
        elif face_sel:
            bpy.ops.mesh.delete(type='FACE')

is it possible to put something like this on a hotkey?
(without having to use an external script)

chris

The author can’t pay for the work yet. But he is interested in porting the add-on.

1 Like

You can use this code:

vert_sel and bpy.ops.mesh.dissolve_verts() or edge_sel and bpy.ops.mesh.dissolve_edges(use_verts=True) or face_sel and bpy.ops.mesh.delete(type='FACE')

hi roaoao

if i create a macro or stack key and put that line into “command” it doesn’t do anything.
do i have to turn something on in order for it to work?

No, because vert_sel, edge_sel and face_sel are not defined. It was just an example.
Create a stack key with 1 slot and use this code in Command tab:

vert_sel, edge_sel, face_sel = C.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode; vert_sel and bpy.ops.mesh.dissolve_verts() or edge_sel and bpy.ops.mesh.dissolve_edges(use_verts=True) or face_sel and bpy.ops.mesh.delete(type='FACE')

ah, okay. many thanks!
i have no clue of coding unfortunately so many thanks … also for this really great addon. :slight_smile:

hi roaoao
thank you for a great addon.
is it possible to make a tooltip on items who call other menu when i hover on them ?

1 Like

in order to have all my menus and shortcuts in 1 place i’d like to have everything inside of pme.
therefore i’d like to also change “pan view” to alt-mmb inside of pme.
could anyone who managed to achieve mapping navigation inside of pme tell me which kind of key (sticky or stack, etc) and which line of code to use?

No, Blender doesn’t support this. Will ask the devs to add this feature in 2.8

1 Like

You need to find default hotkey for the tool in the built-in hotkey editor:

Now you can add a stack key in PME with the same keymap (3D View in this case), the same operator (view3d.move in this case) and the same operator properties (in this case all properties use default values):

Command tab:

bpy.ops.view3d.move()

Tooltips will be very usefull!

Which command i must use to toggle between showing Bevel Weights edge in pie menu?

I found only True/False
C.space_data.overlay.show_edge_bevel_weight = True

Hi there
i found a way to toggle “Rotate around selection”

Command tab:

vIn = C.user_preferences.view.use_rotate_around_active ; vOut = str(vIn) ; O.pme.overlay(text="Normal Rotate = "+vOut) ; C.user_preferences.view.use_rotate_around_active = 0 if vOut == "True" else 0; C.user_preferences.view.use_rotate_around_active = 1 if vOut == "False" else 0;

Hope someone can show me a better way of doing it
Thanks

Try this:

C.space_data.overlay.show_edge_bevel_weight = not C.space_data.overlay.show_edge_bevel_weight
1 Like

Good code. But I think you can remove this part: C.user_preferences.view.use_rotate_around_active = 0 if vOut == "True" else 0;

Final code:

vIn = C.user_preferences.view.use_rotate_around_active ; vOut = str(vIn) ; O.pme.overlay(text="Normal Rotate = "+vOut) ; C.user_preferences.view.use_rotate_around_active = 1 if vOut == "False" else 0;

Thank you roaoao :smiley:

I think i found a bug,
in the user preferences the Tabs (interface, editing,input,addons etc) bottons
are flip to the bottom of the windows…
when i disable PME its turn back to the upper part of the window.
any advise ?

Yes, check PME version. This should be fixed in PME 1.15.18.

Yep, I just download the latest PME and it fix it
thank you.

One of the best addons + awesome support!
Many thanks, roaoao :slight_smile:

btw … if anyone has a script to snap the selected vertices to 0 in x axis please let me know :slight_smile:

Hey,

I noticed a strange thing today. When the addon is on I have a strange flicker in the viewport. When the addon is turned off, the flickering disappears.

Everytime flickering appears in the terminal i have this error:

WARN (bpy.rna): c:\b\win64_cmake_vs2017\win64_cmake_vs2017\blender.git\source\blender\python\intern\bpy_rna.c:1415 pyrna_enum_to_py: current value ‘6’ matches no enum in ‘Event’, ‘(null)’, ‘type’