Pie Menu Editor 1.15.20

commercial
add-ons
(roaoao) #2171

Hi, can’t reproduce.
Please export and send me this hidden group.

0 Likes

(Way2Close) #2172

hidden_n.json (832 Bytes)

0 Likes

(StroBlend) #2173

Hi,
In Blender 2.8 I have this button to switch between vertex, Edge, face, snap mode. The problem is that it doesn’t switch, instead it adds to the current already selected mode. When I use the automatic expand on vertical or horizontal feature it works fine but as soon as I try to do it manually it doesn’t work.

0 Likes

(roaoao) #2174

Same in Blender 2.7. This needs to be fixed in Blender.

Not sure what you mean. This code works for me (Custom tab):

L.row().prop(C.tool_settings, "snap_elements", expand=True)
0 Likes

(roaoao) #2175

Pie Menu Editor 1.15.20

What’s New:

• Bug Fixes

How to Update:

• Backup your pie menus using Export button (optional).
  • Open User Preferences.
  • Go to the Add-Ons tab.
  • Click Install Add-on from File button, navigate to the file you downloaded and install it.
  • Restart Blender.
2 Likes

(actimelvanille) #2176

I’m using the following code to delete depending on the mode I’m currently in.

vert_sel, edge_sel, face_sel = C.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode; vert_sel and bpy.ops.mesh.dissolve_verts() or edge_sel and bpy.ops.mesh.dissolve_edges(use_verts=True) or face_sel and bpy.ops.mesh.delete(type='FACE')

The problem is that if I do an “undo” PME executes two undos.
This seems to be the case for all PME hotkeys that have more than one “action”.
So bpy.ops.mesh.dissolve_edges(use_verts=True) works on it’s own.
But as soon as I add something else two undos will be executed.
Is there some kind of option I can enable to avoid this?

0 Likes

(roaoao) #2177

Yes, if you have one action/operator PME adds 'INVOKE_DEFAULT', True positional arguments automatically.
When you have more than one actions you need to add undo positional argument manually:

vert_sel, edge_sel, face_sel = C.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode; vert_sel and bpy.ops.mesh.dissolve_verts(True) or edge_sel and bpy.ops.mesh.dissolve_edges(True, use_verts=True) or face_sel and bpy.ops.mesh.delete(True, type='FACE')

0 Likes

(actimelvanille) #2178

Ahh, okay. Many thanks! :slight_smile:

I got this working for all scripts now except for this one:

import bmesh; d = C.object.data; b = bmesh.from_edit_mesh(d); ed = [e for e in b.edges if e.select]; c = b.edges.layers.crease.verify(); cv = [e[c] for e in ed]; scv = sum(cv) * 1.25; v = 0.8 if scv < len(ed) else 0; exec("for e in ed: e[c] = v"); [setattr(e, 'smooth', not v) for e in ed]; bmesh.update_edit_mesh(d)

Since it doesn’t have a bpy.ops line I don’t know how to add that True/Undo command.
Could you tell me how to fix the above script?

0 Likes

(roaoao) #2179

You can add this operator:

bpy.ops.ed.undo_push()
1 Like

(actimelvanille) #2180

Awesome!

Best workflow addon available for Blender in my opinion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

(DDB) #2181

i tried to do a custom pop up menu with the pie menu editor with multiple asset management panels open so that i could have multiple category open at the same time for a faster workflow and not constantly switching between menus, unfortunately all panels are in sync? is theres a trick to do this in the PME ?

edit :

Probably not as the panel rely on AM data. Unless you handle a way to store AM data copy in 3 locations.

nope

0 Likes

(roaoao) #2182

Yes, they use the same data to display. All you can do in this case is to code your own panel and use it in PME.

1 Like

(DDB) #2183

Thanks for the support, Any guides on how to do that in this thread ?

0 Likes

(roaoao) #2184

Where I can find this panel?

0 Likes

(DDB) #2185

its an addon in the N panel, but if you could give an example on a custom Brush panel i could understand, i saw this as an example for a custom brush

ps = paint_settings(); L.template_ID_preview(ps, 'brush', new='brush.add', rows=3, cols=8) if ps else None

but i couldn’t replicate this with my specific similar menu from my add-on.
isnt there already examples and conversations avout this ?

0 Likes

(roaoao) #2186

That code won’t work. You need to create completely new panel using python script.

Each panel has it’s own way to display the data. I need to look at the code to show you an example.
Can you find the code of this panel and pm me it?

0 Likes

(radi0n) #2187

It is possible to create different pie menus for mesh object in edit mode and non edit (object) mode. For example one pie menu for vertex, edge, face mode and different pie menu for object mode with the same key.

0 Likes

(roaoao) #2188

Sure, add 2 pie menus with Object Mode and Mesh keymaps.

0 Likes

(radi0n) #2189

ok i now have 1 pie menu in object mode, second in edit mode. Also i have pie menu for lattice. And now when i select lattice object i have meny for 'object mode". In lattice pie menu i have:

return C.object and C.object.type in (‘LATTICE’)

Lattice, Object Non-modal

it is possible to have pie menus for mesh, object, lattice, curve ect…?

0 Likes

(actimelvanille) #2190

Hey guys,

I’m not able to make 2 actions with the same hotkey work in PME.
This is what I’ve got inside of Blenders keymap (it works like a tweak mode):

If I deactivate those 2 shortcuts and add them to PME only translate works.
Is there some way to make both work?

0 Likes