Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

Hey, I found an issue. The operator that can create popup panels in the addon does not implement a check method, so the UI does not redraw by itself in there.

Can you please add the following method to the popup operator?

def check(self, context): 
        return True

It should resolve the issue.

Hi, which one? PME_OT_popup_panel has this method.

I added material panel from properties to the popup and the list is not getting updated when I add a new material.

This one:

Material is created you can see it from the dropdown menu, but it has this bug its not showing it on the material list above somereason.

Yes, thatā€™s exactly the bug.

Will try to fix this issue for the next version of Blender.

roaoao,

next version of blender will take lots of time to get released , i am working on 79b and i am sure that everyone will use 2.79b untill eevee get stable release for production use ,

even while using normal operator with pme like (" shade smooth" ) causing blender to crash ,

please let me know if there is a workaround to fix , because it doesnt crash always , but it crashes at random event , nothing specifically ā€¦

Unfortunately, that issue with Material Slot List canā€™t be fixed with python. Itā€™s a Blenderā€™s issue.

Iā€™ll send you the fix today. Not sure about it, though. I coudnā€™t reproduce the crash.
Just to make sure Stack Keys with a single slot crash Blender, right?

yes i agree material stack is blender issue ,
and i think problem is with stack keys ,

thank you man

Pie Menu Editor 1.15.2

Whatā€™s New:

How to Update

• Backup your pie menus using Export button.
  • Open User Preferences (ctrl+alt+U).
  • Go to the Add-Ons tab.
  • Click Install Add-on from File button, navigate to the file you downloaded and install it.
  • Restart blender.
1 Like

Folowing your last update, just figured out that it would be cool to have an option to convert layouts built with PME to pure python files. Thatā€™d be so good for addon developers.

Thanks roaoao for the update and continued development of PME

Maybe in future. This feature requires a lot of work.

Could be a paid update I think.

Would it be possible to force the hotkey for a menu button? Iā€™ve added letters in parenthesis before the name of the tool in order to do so, but Iā€™d rather it not look too busy.

pme_hotkeys

@roaoao Would it be possible to split the screen (with set width or height) > change the editor type with 1 key/ button? For example, press button, 3D view is split from the right 300 pixels, editor type of the new view is changed to Outliner. Press button again, back to before.

Good feature request. But it should be implemented in Blender. Will try.

Actually there is a tool for this in PME but itā€™s not finished yet (video):

bpy.ops.pme.side_area(area='OUTLINER', side='LEFT')

The tool uses Toolbarā€™s Max Width as a width for the new area. Will add configurable width for the tool in the next version.

2 Likes

Actually there is a tool for this in PME but itā€™s not finished yet (video 2):

Nice! Looking forward to it

Iā€™ve been getting a historically significant amount of crashes since I updated to 1.15. Pretty sure the cause is also stack keys.
This seems to be a sure case: quickly call one operator after another - Select Linked All > Delete Vertices

EDIT: 1.15.2 fixes. Sorry about this, thought I updated already.

Hi, did you try to reproduce the crash in PME 1.15.2? It should be fixed.