Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

Blender 2.8 Support

Download the fix for PME 1.15.3 and extract it to scripts/addons/pie_menu_editor/ folder.

Don’t forget to backup your menus.

2 Likes

Was this supposed to make it work already or do we need to wait for something? It seems the upgrade to 2.8x status is gone but there is no addon settings whatsoever.

This works but I’m not sure which keymap to assign it to. Using ‘User Interface’ seems to include with info, console, and node editor. Maybe there isn’t a way to differentiate between those areas?

Thanks for the 2.8 fix! Want us to post any issues with 2.8 or too early?

Yes, it should work in Blender 2.8 alpha.
Don’t forget to restart Blender.

You can use User Interface keymap with this poll method:

return C.area.type == 'USER_PREFERENCES'

Yes, let me know if you find any issue.

i cant able to add use_simplify in pie menu in 2.8

Where I can find it?

scene.render.use_simplify = True i want to add this bool prop in pie menu ,

its under the scene panel in properties

Check this page Adding widgets
Looks like the first method doesn’t work in 2.8 yet. But you can use other methods.
And of course you can use Custom tab to write the code for the widget:

L.prop(C.scene.render, "use_simplify")

Or Property tab:

C.scene.render.use_simplify

In most cases you can find the path for the widget in python tooltips.

With a PME modal, is it possible to turn proportional editing on and off, and edit the falloff size during a transform? I think blender has it hard coded not to (but snapping can be toggled). The few attempts I’ve made in pme have required confirming the transform (dropping the selection).

Edit: I know that the proportional size is adjustable once in blender’s transform modal, just trying to make it a bit more tablet/stylus friendly.

No, but I’ll try to add this feature.

Try to add hotkeys for the tablet in User Preferences - Input - Transform Modal Map

Yeah by mistake I put the fix in the root folder instead of unzipping inside the addon folder. Thanks a lot for this now Blender starts to feel mine again. :smiley:

How does the new bpy.data.screens work? It doesn’t work using command with the debug mode. I am trying to put all the shading modes in a pie back.

2.8: Text overlays don’t show up for Stack Keys or Modals.

Hi, Roaao, it possible to combine two operations in one hotkey, rip fill and edge slide? With macro its dont work

Good tool.
In this case you can create a macro with 2 slots:

bpy.ops.mesh.rip(use_fill=True)
bpy.ops.transform.vert_slide()

Or just use this code in Command tab:

bpy.ops.mesh.rip('INVOKE_DEFAULT', use_fill=True); bpy.ops.transform.vert_slide('INVOKE_DEFAULT')
1 Like

I try different methods and i can’t find working way. When use macro vertex will stay in one place. Need something like offset edge loop but work like rip tool https://giphy.com/gifs/1APhMuV8fUlg7bAxPh

Updated the code.

Many thanks :grinning:

hello friends…i cant assign the edge, face and vertices in my menu pie…anyone have any clue to how i can do that?
I want to make a menu pie like the image…
pie_menu_select

Put this code in Command: bpy.ops.mesh.select_mode
Or search for “Select Mode” in the operator search

1 Like