Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

Great addon. Definitely must buy.
BTW Is there a way to see code generated for menus? I see there is export to jsoon, how about exporting to .py file?
Also feature reques: could you make those operators from custom pies, work on all selected objects? So eg. if I add ‘display type: wire’ operator, pie menu would iterate over all selected objs, not just active one?

JoseConseco, exporting menus to the code is an interesting idea, but I’m not sure if that’s possible (too many dependencies from add-on’s code).

Also feature reques: could you make those operators from custom pies, work on all selected objects? So eg. if I add ‘display type: wire’ operator, pie menu would iterate over all selected objs, not just active one?

This feature is already implemented. You can achieve that using simple python code:

Can one export pies to share among the rest of the world?

Sure. Btw, export feature will be improved in the next version.

I’ll add this feature if I find a way to increase the size of the icons. But as far as I know that’s impossible.

Yep that would work with additional condition [if obj.select]
But the wire was just example. The way I setup obj display mode is by using custom:
L.props_enum(bpy.context.object, ‘draw_type’)
So now I would have to split it in to 4 commands (bounds, wire, solid…) as in your example. But if there was option for each menu item: ‘iterate over selection’, this would be great. I would work like this
for obj in selectedObj’s:
context.scene.objects.active=obj
doThatStuffFromMenuItem
I guess it would not work for anything else except commands, but still cool thing to have. I can see this as a way to quickly automate some repetitive tasks, which has to be done on many object. Almost macro recorder :slight_smile:

Man this addon is just insane! Can,t wait until the next update go live!

pie maniaaaa!

The upcoming update look so awesome ! When you will resale it ? Cant wait t test a updaded version man

The upcoming update look so awesome ! When you will resale it ? Cant wait t test a updaded version man

I don’t want to add context sensitive features like iterating selected objects. There are hundreds of variations for that iterating (selected/unselected, mesh/lamp, visible/hidden, etc.). Some users don’t work with objects at all.

For context sensitive commands you can use python code. And it’s pretty fast actually.
In your case you can use single-line code:

[setattr(obj, "draw_type", 'WIRE') for obj in bpy.data.objects if obj.type == 'MESH' and obj.select]

For complex (multi-line) commands you can execute external python script:

execute_script("scripts/my_command.py")

Oh, cool. I noticed that didn’t work but I thought I just didn’t know how to do it properly.
Showing modifier panels sounds awesome!

Kinda want to do that too.

More praise for the add-on. I really like that you can select several commands from the info window and combine them into an action. If you have complex actions you perform often you can easily make them into a pie. Pretty nifty.

A request if I may: text/labels in Pie menus. Not sure if that’s even possible but I thought it would be nice.

You can add labels in Custom tab. Here is an

Replace .box() with .column() If you don’t want to use a frame:

L.column().label("My Label")

Or just use Command tab without code.

Awesome and cool as always!

Can it edit the default pie menus?
(ui_pie_menus_official.py file in addons folder (since I had to edit it manually 'till now!) or create something like ui_pie_menu.py in templates_py folder)
would be much cooler if it could!:slight_smile:

Also wanted to ask to look at this : http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/46461/editing-the-official-pie-menus-add-on-fundamentally
Do you think it would be possible without the trick?:confused:

Thanks for your great stuff.
(Buy it folks! You won’t regret it!:D)

No, you cannot edit default pie menus using this add-on.
Thanks for the link. I’ll try to implement that feature.

Can you tell me when you will release new update ?

New version will be available in 3-4 days.

Is it possible to make conditions to show buttons ?

For example, use the same button to add and remove subsurf ?
Or if len >2 etc

Yep it is:

I have made lots of conditional menus with this addon. Works great.
Or here - dynotopo options marked in red are not visible when you are out of dynotopo:

Btw I’m not sure why, but when I create custom item in popup dialog:
if C.sculpt_object.use_dynamic_topology_sculpting: L.prop_menu_enum(C.tool_settings.sculpt, “detail_type_method”,text, icon=icon)
prop_menu_enum - dosen’t have arrow icon, that would indicate it is menu. Eg in image above, ‘detail slider’ is submenu but it is hard to see because there in no tiny arrow icon on right, like in other menus in blender.

Ok Ok, thx :wink:

This addon seems to be really powerfull.
I make my own pie because I use a lot of conditionnal buttons.