Pie Menu Editor 1.18.0

The first one works fine, I’ll try the second one later on as I have never used modal operators so far and need to practice a bit first.
Thank you!

is it possible to tell if the selection is for vertex or edge in mesh mode?
for example, with the same short cut key, I may want to slide a vert in “vert mode” or slide edge in “edge mode”.

When I click on the ‘Wire’ item in the Display as dropdown while holding Alt, it applies to multiple objects at once, could you show me how to translate that to a command? I assume a ‘for’ loop would be the way, but I’ve no idea how to do it. Thank you, @roaoao
bpy.context.object.display_type = ‘WIRE’

Yes, check C.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode value:

• Vert mode: C.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode[0] == True
  • Edge mode: C.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode[1] == True
  • Face mode: C.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode[2] == True

Try this code in Command tab:

bpy.ops.transform.vert_slide('INVOKE_DEFAULT', True) if C.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode[0] else bpy.ops.transform.edge_slide('INVOKE_DEFAULT', True)
3 Likes

Yes, you can check E.alt == True value in Command tab:

setattr(C.object, "display_type", 'WIRE') if E.alt == False else [setattr(obj, "display_type", 'WIRE') for obj in C.selected_objects]
3 Likes

I want to scale while slide edge
Is there any way to run Edge Slide and Scale at the same time = Modal Operator ? :thinking:

Exam: How to Pinch/Scale uniformly with an edge constraint (Blender 2.8) (first gif picture)

wow. Can you share that pie menu?

Hi,
I can’t found anymore how I did that from the past but how I can restore the cursor (initial) position after this macro has finish ?
Capture_13_09_10

Hey man, I came to this group to learn and find out how to make a pie for materials and preview. Can you share your pies ? They look good.
Basically I wanted to create a materials pie, something like this But had no success.

Add these 2 slots:
First slot:

x, y = E.mouse_x, E.mouse_y

Last slot:

C.window.cursor_warp(x, y)
1 Like

Thanks for this tip but I was talking about the 3D Cursor location. I tried to find by myself but it doesn’t work, I would like to get the 3D cursor location in the first slot then restore it in the last slot ?
Capture_10_09_13

First slot:

loc = C.scene.cursor.location.to_tuple()

Last slot:

C.scene.cursor.location = loc
3 Likes

It works like a charm! Thanks

Can you add a way to arrange/ move the menus like the menu items?
blender_2020-01-18_15-44-50

So I have this Regular Menu called “Menus” which is put inside the Topbar_MT_editor_menus.
blender_2020-01-18_15-49-08

When I change the name to “Menu”, a Regular menu in the VIEW3D_MT_editor_menus got changed to the “Menu” one too. And when I save the prefs & restart blender, PME just breaks. Nothing works anymore, pies, stack keys, etc, panels, buttons disappear, except the hidden panel groups.
blender_2020-01-18_16-00-25

Hi Anphung, I don’t know for your problem but can you explain how do you get a viewport left panel ?
I tried few times to add a pme panel on the left side but it didn’t work :thinking:

I used Panel Group. I’m not at my computer rn so I can’t show you the settings, but they are pretty simple. Create a panel group, set it to 3d view, choose Tools, any context, delete the ‘My Category’ text (empty the field). Add blender panels or pme popup dialogs.
I also hide the default 3d view tools panel & put it in a Panel group I can toggle on off.

1 Like

Oh nice it works that was because of (empty the field) :+1: thanks

You can move menus when tree view is off. Tree view sorts menus automatically but you can group menus by tag:

1 Like

Thanks, will fix in the next version.

1 Like